All reviews self catering small kitchen hotel apartment separate toilet metro station longer stay washing machine the grand place comfortable stay designer shops electric kettle shopping area louise metro within walking distance internet connection location was perfect two nights
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

For a 3 star apartment hotel is really good, its close to the bus station where Charleroi airport shuttle takes you, also walking distance to the old city. The check in was super slow because of some technical IT issue (either booking of their server). Very spacious, has electric kettle, toaster, dishwasher, hairdryer, dishes, utencils, mini fridge, big closet, big bath tub. Not much of a view from the window (see the opposite building). Rooms are very warm (even though outside is chilly, no air conditioning), a lot of street noises.
Bed is not super soft, for us its good, but some might not like it.
Front desk guy is not talkative.

Date of stay: April 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Segolene_Citadines, Directeur général at Citadines Toison d'Or Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 April 2018

thank you very much for your comments. I hope to welcome you again in the nearest future

Reviewed 1 April 2018

The one bedroom units are roomy and comfortable for short or extended stays. The location is very close to the metro/tram for public transportation. Groceries are loaded a short walk around the corner.

Room tip: Room 802 (a one bedroom) looks to the Palace of Justice.
Date of stay: March 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you very much for your comments. I hope to have the pleasure to welcome you back in the nearest future

Reviewed 28 January 2018 via mobile

Chose this hotel for its location, close to our venue. Fantastic choice. Close to all the great fashion houses, great restaurants and a beautiful park only a tram ride away. The Grand Place is within walking distance if you have comfortable shoes! The accommodation was clean, with all the necessary facilities for self catering if you got tired of the fantastic Belgium food, as if that would happen. I only wish I had self catered my breakfast. The breakfast hall was the one downside. Though if most apartments are self catering I can understand the hotels view point. However to explain... the dining hall had a feel of school refectory or a motorway caf. Trays being used and then self clear the used trays to a rack. The range of food was good but some things came out late or never appeared ie eggs or waffle mixture. Glasses for juice were very small but you didn’t need to lay them flat to get them in the tray rack. We only stayed one night but I would definitely use this hotel again, esp for a longer stay and be a bit more prepared to use the kitchen in the room.

Date of stay: January 2018
Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank szpilling
Segolene_Citadines, Directeur général at Citadines Toison d'Or Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 February 2018

Thank you so much for your kind compliments. I'm glad to know that you enjoyed your stay with us. I hope to have the pleasure to welcome you again in the nearest future.

Reviewed 27 January 2018

Unkind staff at the reception
A chambermaid who steals.
Very small Garage, only for compact cars
One lift does not move to the Garage
The chipcard for the entrance and door leaves the data three times
The coffee machine at the reception was out of order

Room tip: Take a room in another Hotel
Date of stay: January 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business

Dear Frank
Thank you for your valuable feedback. We regret that your stay left you with a negative impression.

As there may be other factors surrounding this incident, we would appreciate it if you could please contact us at +32 2573 53 53 so that we can investigate this further and address the situation appropriately.

We look forward to hearing from you, giving us another opportunity to serve you better.

Ségolène BOUVIER
Assistant Residence Manager

Reviewed 10 December 2017

I sent the survey already,don’t even want to remaind those nightmares again,just find the survey out !!ttheough have the little kitchen is really nice ,but at least I paid a whole room,I should have at least a real door can lock from inside which can give me some private!!!anyway,I sent the survey,and find it out ,you will see

Date of stay: November 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
CitadinesToisondOr, Guest Relations Manager at Citadines Toison d'Or Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 December 2017

Dear Madam, Dear Sir,
Thank you for your comments and your survey. I am truly sorry to hear about your unpleasant experience. As we explaind to you the door can be locked from inside but as you can understand for security reasons the staff should have acces. I would like to assure you that I have personally addressed this issue with the staff concerned and will ensure that she receives the necessary guidance to perform a much better role moving forward to avoid a recurrence of this incident.
Once again, please accept our apologies. We look forward to welcoming you again, giving us another opportunity to serve you better.
Yours sincerely.