“simply delicious”
Review of Roule Galette

Roule Galette
Ranked #6 of 63 Restaurants in Carnegie
Price range: USD 4 - USD 15
Description: Roule Galette, after 10 years in Melbourne CBD, open another French Creperie in the vibrant Koornang Road in Carnegie. Enjoy a delicious French food; every thing is home made (guaranty without any processed food). The famous Galette from Brittany is Gluten Free (Buckwheat flour). Little spot of France, Welcome.
Reviewed 9 June 2017

The cafe has added coq au vin to it's menu since my last visit. The Coq au vin was cooked perfectly and the French mash was yum. We had 2 sweet crepes and it would have been nice to have the option of a scoop of vanilla ice cream with them! They were delicious.

1  Thank Tam987

Reviewed 5 April 2017

Well, what was management thinking opening up a French café Carnegie?? The demographics here are Asian students and Indian working families in the main!! But it seems to be doing good businesses, particularly the first few months. This is our 3rd visit. French is not my thing, but my partner is from London, and she loves it. To me, the French food served here (the savoury offerings) is very much one-dimensional, one predominant taste throughout ... my Asian tempered palate calls for a multitude of tastes and textures in every mouthful (Hahaha!). But all in all, it's good for the experience (for me) but, as mentioned, my partner loves it!

2  Thank ERIC L
Reviewed 25 March 2017

1st class French restaurant with a whole selection of authentic French food including es cargo (French snails) and flavoured crepes, what a change to have something different in the area, well worth a visit.

2  Thank basingron
Reviewed 22 February 2017

I am sure that the mains were cooked perfectly and were as they were meant to be, but perhaps we just didn't appreciate them as we should have. However the desert crepes were fantastic, tasty sweetish crepes with beautiful toppings, although the salted caramel could have be a bit more caramelly (if that's a word)
If we had just had mains we would have given a three, if we just had desserts it would have been a five.

2  Thank ironian
Reviewed 17 February 2017

New favourite place in Carnegie. I visit often. Nice change of cuisine for Koornang Road, Carnegie. Beautiful food made with love. Very tasty. Friendly service. Open kitchen. Clean restaurant.
Good menu selection plus their daily specials have been amazing - slow cooked lamb YUM, slow cooked duck YUM!
Can easily eat a savoury crepe and a dessert crepe.

1  Thank Katherine S