“Almost 4 star”
Review of Roule Galette

Roule Galette
Ranked #6 of 66 Restaurants in Carnegie
Price range: USD 4 - USD 15
Description: Roule Galette, after 10 years in Melbourne CBD, open another French Creperie in the vibrant Koornang Road in Carnegie. Enjoy a delicious French food; every thing is home made (guaranty without any processed food). The famous Galette from Brittany is Gluten Free (Buckwheat flour). Little spot of France, Welcome.
Reviewed 14 February 2017

Really like this place and go regularly. Great decor, good value for money, casual atmosphere and prompt friendly service. I have however only given this place 3 stars overall and will explain why. The last two times I have ordered a crepe which has eggs in it. First time the eggs were really under cooked, the other time the eggs were really overcooked. The second time I had to ask the waitress to confirm the order I placed, as I thought there may have been an error, she told me she saw the guy put the eggs in it, and I kinda just said 'OK' and kept eating. It seems like a petty thing to bring up, but the perfectly cooked eggs I wanted were the reason I went there instead of the cafe a few doors down. It was disappointing not to get them twice. I mention this with a degree of hesitance as I couldn't cook a crepe with perfect eggs in it to save my life, though that's the reason I go to professionals to do it for me. Will certainly be back however as everything else I've had has been awesome.

2  Thank Ronan F

Reviewed 11 February 2017

One of the best meals I've had in a very very long time, had the Chicken du chef and every bite was magic. On top of the amazing food, the staff were fantastic all french speaking which made the experience that much better!! Would highly reccomend!! 10/10

1  Thank Logan T
Reviewed 5 January 2017 via mobile

As crêpes lovers, we went there to try this new place.
It was a really nice experience : galettes (salty) are very tasty, with fresh and home-made ingredients.
I would definitely recommend the Camembert galette (hum, French cheese !).
Moreover, staff is nice and speaks French
I will certainly come back

1  Thank Aurélien P
Reviewed 28 December 2016

I ate the galette tartiflette, it really reminded me of my country: FRANCE!
The cheese is excellent, the cider is top and the staff is very nice!
We had a great time and will come back with great pleasure!

1  Thank Lucie L
Reviewed 22 December 2016

I took my wife out to Roule Galette in Carnegie tonight. We had vegetarian crepes. In my case a savoury dish with Camembert cheese and in her case a savoury dish with goats cheese and 3 or 4 nuts. Our dishes were accompanied by lousy salads which were just lettuce leaves with a bit of mustard dressing. Uggh!

There wasn't a single soft drink that could be ordered that was "diet" and we settled on ordering some "organic" cola from New Zealand. I took one read of the sugar content and gave it back as it had over 30 something mg of sugar and was a diabetes bomb!

We found the dishes quite tasteless and overpriced and we both came out hungry.

To top it all my wife who has never in her life been allergic to anything in her life, came out with a huge allergic reaction within minutes of eating her meal with massive itchiness and red skin all over her body.

Watching her very closely now for breathing difficulty and waiting to see if it clears up. May have to take her to hospital emergency department for a cortisone injection or drip.

We will never eat there again.

8  Thank Saul F
Michel D, Owner at Roule Galette, responded to this reviewResponded 27 December 2016

We are terribly sorry about your allergy issue. You came to the Creperie on Friday morning to inform us of the problem and we took it very seriously: We immediately removed the Crottin Galette from the menu and gave our provider a call. Two hours later, he came to the creperie to pickup all of the Crottins and brought them to a laboratory for testing. This morning (27/12/2016) he received the laboratory’ test results, and nothing wrong came up.
At Roule Galette, we understand that you did not appreciate our French cuisine.
We buy our fresh salad mix daily and it is topped with a homemade “vinaigrette” which consists of Dijon mustard, apple cider vinegar, extra virgin olive oil, salt and pepper (my mother’s recipe).
We look for local and organic products. One of these products is our Cola soda. It contains 25% less sugar than a Coke or a Pepsi; I wouldn’t call it a “Diabetes Bomb”.
You found our dishes tasteless and overpriced:
In the Camembert Galette, which we sell for $17, we use the best Normandy Camembert imported to Victoria. It has been selected by Will Studd himself and can be bought in a shop for $80/kg. Never has anyone told me that this Camembert is tasteless. The Galette is also topped with Perigord Truffle oil. So tasty!
The Crottin de chevre is one of the best goat cheeses from Central France and it is very famous for its taste.
I can understand that you do not appreciate our cuisine. However, I find that your statement that it is tasteless and overpriced is exaggerated.