“Fantastic stay”
other travellers have booked this property
New Haven- Studio with Jacuzzi  -  2 Persons
$910.00/wkly, includes tax
Studio with Jaccuzi - New Haven
Fun Times at Sunny Birch Cottage Resort
Sands of Sauble Beach
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Georgetown, Canada
“Never again!”
Reviewed 16 July 2013 for a stay in July 2013
people found this review helpful

If you are comfortable sleeping with mould on the ceiling of every room of your cottage, then this is the place for you! We were traveling with two children under four, and there were black mould spores growing (visibly) on every ceiling in the cottage (#3). When we told the owners, they did move us to another cottage (#1), but continued to rent the cottage we were originally in after "washing" the ceiling (the root cause was not addressed). The website indicates that highchairs are available. The first (very old) highchair we were given had black mould growing all over the straps. We asked for a second, and it ALSO had black mould spores on the straps. The children's play-area was not well maintained (eg. it included a sandbox which was thick with weeds and a playhouse with a stack of dirty adult deck chairs stored in it). There was a stack of eight bicycles outside the main cottage (units 4 and 5) which were so old and unused, that green algae was growing on the tires. The same algae was growing up the walls of the main cottage (units 4 and 5) visible from inside cottage 3. Greeting you at the entrance of the parking lot was an overturned couch from the 1970s. If you're still considering staying at this cottage, keep reading. There is NOTHING resort-like about "Sunny Birch Cottage Resort". The owners bought the property beside their own house, and then built three little "cottages" (units ,1 2 and 3) on what was the front yard of the original cottage (now split into two, presumably to maximize the money they can rent it for - Units 4 and 5). As a result, all three cottages share a patch of grass containing three patio sets (one for each cottage), and face the original cottage (units 4 and 5). They are so close together, that the owners have put one-way windows on the cottages so while using the patch of grass, or in their own cabin, guests can't see in the other cabins. June was kind and friendly, but every conversation I had with Frank involved a sexist remark, which I don't even think he realized is inappropriate because of his age and relatively reclusive lifestyle. Perhaps it is time for this couple to retire, as they told us repeatedly they were "getting too old for this". I'm a very positive person - but I feel I should write this review so that others with little ones can avoid the health concerns we encountered.

Overall condition of the property Bedding & mattresses
Kitchen & utensils Bathroom cleanliness
Other facilities & amenities Service
Travelling group: Young Children
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
16 Jul 2013
Hello
I am surprised by Mrs. [--] review. Our cleaning ladies had cleaned this cottage before we had anyone renting it. When I asked them they said that there was NOT any mold. Also, when I did a inspection I had not seen any mold. If I would have I would have cleaned it.
I went out of my way to accommodate Mrs. [--] and her family by moving them to another cottage. As for the High Chair. It was in storage all winter. When she mentioned the black straps we had taken them off the highchair to wash and the black would not come out. We did replace the highchair for her.
As for the entrance to the cottages, this does not have anything to do with our cottages. There was a bin with rubble and a old sofa in the driveway of the first house as renovations were being done.
To address the bicycle situation. Yes, we use to rent bicycles. We decided not to rent when the helmet law came into effect and yes, we have not removed them. They are under a deck which does not interfere with anyones area for enjoyment.
What Mrs. [--] is saying about the 3 little cottages is incorrect. The 2 bedroom cottages are 820 sq ft and the 1 bedroom cottage is 400 sq.ft. Our 3 bedroom cottages are 1300 sq. ft. They are 30 feet apart, which allows people to have some privacy. Yes, the cottages do have one way mirrors for privacy and which was more costly for us to install. This was done for the convenience of the guests.
As for the lawn chairs in the playhouse for the children. We were surprised to hear that they were there. All the chairs had been taken out to place them around the firepits. We do not use our Patio Furniture chairs around the firepit so we do supply the Resin chairs for guests who are having a bonfire.
We normally DO NOT get any complaints and if there is a problem we try to correct it immediately.
Wpg Manitoba
Reviewed 21 May 2013 for a stay in May 2013

Recommended for:
A romantic getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Rugged travelers
21 May 2013
Thank you for your kind reponse about our cottages
We do hope to see you again
Toronto ON
Reviewed 8 August 2012 for a stay in August 2012

8 Aug 2012
It completes my day knowing that we have satisfied guests.
Burlington
Reviewed 7 August 2012 for a stay in August 2012

Recommended for:
A romantic getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers
6 Jul 2015
Our thanks to you for taking the time to post this review. We throughly enjoyed having you stay with us at Sunny Birch Cottage Resort The weather turned out to be warm which gave you the opportunity to enjoy the outdoor activities, especially the Beach! Hi to everyone and hope to see you again Your Host June
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing