See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 9 October 2015

We were desperately on the hunt for accommodation after our campsite was rained out and the owners of Jungendherberge were kind enough to come settle us in at 19:00 with no notice or booking. The beds were very cozy and warm with extra blankets available. Great water pressure in the showers, free wifi, and a full spread for breakfast the next morning (the jam is delicious!). We lucked out finding this gem and would definitely come back! Though we struggled to communicate in German, the staff were very friendly and accommodating.

• Stayed: October 2015, travelled with friends
Reviewed 17 June 2015

I arrived at Goshenen station at an ungodly hour in the pouring rain. Luckily for me the hostel was not busy that night, and Jurgen rescued me and my bike from death-by-hill-climb! This is a measure of the service I received at Hospental. A lovely atmosphere. Good, clean and welcoming facilities. A great place to start your Rhine cycle trip. (But just remember to check the time of the last train!) Thank you, Jurgen.

• Stayed: May 2015, travelled solo
1  Thank JudeandTony
Reviewed 10 January 2015 via mobile

The staff was very kind, the food great and the price for value is excellent. I recommend it totally! I spent four nights there and I must say that the bed was very comfortable and clean! The hot water for a shower is always available even after the dinner.

Stayed: January 2015, travelled with friends
1  Thank Gabriel B
Reviewed 4 January 2015

Me and my brother had a pleasant stay at this hostel for a skiing trip. Since we both have a special diet (My brother is vegan, i'm vegetarian) we thought it was gonna be hard to get some good food. But the hostel owner whom also was vegetarian, got us good food for our entire stay. The location was pretty good, since there are ski buses going in to town every half hour. It could get a little bit cold during the night, especially when it was -25 celcius outside,

The facility was old, but yet fresh. The staff was nice and friendly, and of course, the flag was a big plus.

• Stayed: December 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Oscar P
Reviewed 25 September 2013

We spent one night on our way back from Italy.
We wouldn't make it in time for dinner. Upon notifying the owner, we could have a very nice dinner later in the evening.

We hadn't enough time to visit the area, but we will come back for sure!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family