“lovely place to eat ot have coffee and cake, stunning views”
Review of Cliffhanger Cafe

Cliffhanger Cafe
Ranked #5 of 14 Restaurants in Highcliffe
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 18 March 2015

had a great walk along Highcliffe beach from friars cliff beach , then went to the cafe for late lunch. place was buzzing, had a table with great views, service was alittle slow, we had to wait awhile for drinks, food was hot and tasty, once it arrived , some had the homemade cakes to follow , which on average were regarded as good , just a tad on the dry side ! but that said would definitely go back again , all in all
good value for money , might try brunch next time , then continue next part of walk , on to barton on sea!!

1  Thank Simon B

Reviewed 17 March 2015

This cliff top café offers amazing views out over Bournemouth bay to the Isle of Wight.
We popped in for Brunch and opted for their inclusive breakfast. the place was almost empty, 4 girls serving and it took fully 20 mins for anyone to approach us, we were on the verge of walking out.
When our drinks arrived my cup for my tea was filthy, replaced with a clean one without fuss but should never have happened.

The tea was good, breakfast acceptable but if they are this tardy when quiet, I doubt we would risk it on a busy day. A real shame really because even on a cold wet day the views are lovely.

Reviewed 16 March 2015

After telephoning the previous day to book a table to celebrate a Mother's Day breakfast for six of us, I was told there were no bookings being taken as being Mothers Day!!! This I felt a little unsure as not wanting to arrange with the family to met there and being told no tables available . After speaking with the family we decided to go ahead and met there at 9.30 and hope for the best . On arrival we were pleasantly surprised to see there were plenty of vacant tables. We were seated and over looked a lovely view of Highcliffe beach. The menu was not the normal breakfast menu as stated being Mothers Day and they stated No Swaps !! Meaning wether or not you liked a certain item of the meal you had to have it. Our drinks order was taken and the drinks arrived quickly. Then came to ordering our food, our daughter in law is a very small eater and while we ordered our breakfasts even being told yes you had to have every item ( hence a lot of black pudding on the finished plates) she ordered or tried to order a child's breakfast for £6.50 the waiter explained that you must be under 12 to qualify for this breakfast, we tried to explain she wouldn't manage a whole breakfast so half portion would be adequate . Still insisting you had to 12 and under my daughter in law went with out a breakfast. Where is the logic in this Cliffhanger . A very disappointing customer especially when the resturant was only 5 % full.

Reviewed 15 March 2015

I go here alot, mainly for coffe, lunch, tea and cake! I regard it as a bit on the pricey side but the service is v good and the views amazing. Definately a place to stop and enjoy

2  Thank sylvia1959
Reviewed 13 March 2015 via mobile

I have stopped here several times over the years after walks along the beach.
Perched on the cliff top ( hence the name ) this cafe / restaurant
is in the right place to stop for coffee&tea/breakfast/lunch
It has great views & every time I have been there has been packed.
My preference however are the cafes on the beachfront for both location,food & value.

1  Thank places2seeplaces2go