“Food too yummy for words”

Jonga Jip Korean BBQ Restaurant
Ranked #3 of 102 Restaurants in Eastwood
Cuisines: Korean
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 17 December 2017

Last week, hubby and I decided to visit our favourite Korean BBQ restaurant in Eastwood. As always, guests were greeted with a shout of "hello" from the staff, which made us feel v welcomed. We had a v cheerful young man serve us, speaking in perfect English.We ordered Bulgogi, Pork Ribs and another dish of ox tongue, accompanied by a huge sellection of side dishes like Korean Kimchi , salads etc. The same waiter did a great job of waiting on us , and changing the hot plate whenever it got greasy with baked on meat. I loved the fact that we could always replenish the side dishes whenever we felt like it. The food was well marinated and was absolutely delicious .I never tire of coming to this popular place which fills up every time without fail. We had so much food, and only for $80 . Well done!

Reviewed 7 December 2017

I went here for a second time with an out of town visitor.
It has a great atmosphere as a bustling Korean BBQ.
The range of foods were extensive. The BBQ experience satisfying and the collection of side dishes engrossing.
The service was OK.

Reviewed 7 December 2017 via mobile

Food was ok, service was quick and the staff were acceptable too.
If you want a quick reasonable feed, this is your place.

Reviewed 3 October 2017 via mobile

This is my favourite Korean BBQ restaurant. There are always 6+ side dishes to taste. The marinated chicken and beef are good, you can eat them with rice, or wrap them in lettuce. I also like the fish roe soup and the pancake is nice and crunchy. There's no dessert here but that's ok, I'm always too full from the mains.

Reviewed 31 August 2017 via mobile

We met our friends at the restaurant just before 2pm. Most of the long tables- benches were occupied and the five of us were offered seats at one end of a long table already occupied by a family of four at the other end.
It was a challenge for me to read the menu as the English text was so small. We ordered 4 dishes to share, two of the same Tofu and Seafood Soup (#28), one of the Bolgogi Beef dish (#39?) and one of the Chicken and Vegetable Dish (#38?).
Whilst waiting for the main dishes, we were served with half a dozen little side dishes. Half of those were a little too spicy for us.
Our main dishes arrived at our table, one after another. They were all very tasty. But we found only a few tough pieces of squid tentacles in the seafood soup. There were half a dozen small pieces of chicken in the chicken dish. The beef dish was plentiful with beef, but the meat itself included a few very chewy pieces. I just did not feel the costs of the ingredients matched the name or price of the dishes.