“Great intimate sushi bar”
Review of Hukuya Sushi Bar

Hukuya Sushi Bar
Ranked #2 of 101 Restaurants in Eastwood
Cuisines: Japanese, Korean
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 27 November 2017 via mobile

This bustling little sushi bar was excellent. Each meal was freshly prepared and delicious. Beware it's very small and therefore fills up fast. 2 people arrived a bit before 7pm on Tuesday and they had to wait to be seated.

Reviewed 21 August 2017 via mobile

I went today with my sons. I ordered a large sushi and a regular sushimi plus other food. As the sushimi has not yet arrived after we finished most of the food. We told the lady (cashier) to follow our order and later they delivered the food to us . Once we finished we paid the bill and left.
However, later on once we checked the receipt, we discovered we are being charged doubled for the sushimi. We paid $24 exact for the sushimi.
My experience : make sure u know yr order and price to avoid being over charge.

Reviewed 31 July 2017

Four of us went for a Sat lunch which we had booked for 12:30. We turned up 15 mins early but had to ait as the restaurant was jam-packed which is always a good sign. I shared a fantastic deluxe sushi and sashimi mixed platter with my son which we both demolished. In addition for $1.50 I rented a beer glass into which I could pour my BYO Batch beer longneck - beauty, mate!

Reviewed 1 July 2017 via mobile

Came here with high expectations as a Japanese friend recommended this place
We ordered a little of everything

Sushi: a little better than other places but nothing stood out
The eel didn't have much taste
The fish egg sushi was very salty
Sashimi was nice but standard stuff

Tempura and Tofu were standard stuff

The place is small so you better book ahead
Prices are what I expected
Food came out a little faster than expected

Reviewed 28 June 2017 via mobile

I have been to Hukuya at least dozen time and every time the food is delicious, fresh and simply beautiful. This place is definitely my top Sushi place and restaurant to go. Need cash or debit as they don't accept credit card and book in advance as the place is quite small.