“Dinner with a nice nightcap”

Bambai Mongolian Grill
Ranked #19 of 125 Restaurants in Santa Ana
Price range: USD 12 - USD 20
Reviewed 29 March 2018 via mobile

We stopped in for dinner as I expected this to be similar to other Mongolian grilles. It was what we hoped for except the flavor exceeded our expectations. My wife ordered a smoothie "moron khuur naturale" wow! That was like desert throughout the dinner.

Reviewed 1 March 2018 via mobile

Great service.... enjoyed selection of appetizers. Prawns excellent. Very good Spanish red wine. Walking distance to Holiday Inn.

Reviewed 16 December 2017

We are a couple of 'foodies', intolerant of anything less than great food, service & an 'appropriate' bill - For those on holiday here, CR specialises in over the top bills in part caused by the country's punitive 13% restaurant tax & the restaurant usually adding a further 10% service charge, always check bills carefully - Anyway, this is a great place. Spot on service (I have had no better in CR), Top Notch Food & a reasonable bill. Do as we did, buy your wine across the road at Vinum - A great wine store, they (as are other restaurants on the complex) are happy for you to bring it in, sit inside, outside or upstairs (as we did, more intimate). It's different (don't be put off), you select your accompanying side salad/veg (great selection), they very helpfully suggest dressings according to your taste & I must say with my sweet tooth, the sweet one's are excellent, you select your chosen meat & hey presto in a few minutes you are presented with what for us was a delicious meal. 100% recommended & should be mush higher up the TripAdvisor list. I'd rank it certainly in the top 10. Sweets are first class too

Reviewed 11 October 2017

I love this concept, the food is amazing, and how is presented that you get to chose the combination of ingredients and sauces, added to the fact that they cook it immediately making it fresh and very tasty and for a great price!

Reviewed 26 June 2017

It is fun to select all of your foods and sauces and then pass them off to be cooked. You get a bowl and then select all of your veggies, rice, and noodles. Then you select up to two types of meats, which could be tofu, egg, or cheese instead of meat. Then you go on to select your sauces. The sauce selection is difficult because you don't know what would go well together. It would be nice if they had some suggested sauce combinations like I've seen at other Mongolian restaurants. The hostess will help you to pick what you might like, but more direction would be better. Mine turned out pretty good, but with more direction it probably would have been better. You also select a fruit juice and a dessert. They have a lot of interesting desserts. It is a fun novelty and I would return.