“Great place to chill”

Lucky Pete's Cafe and Bar
Ranked #1 of 262 Restaurants in Hakuba-mura
Price range: USD 2 - USD 14
Description: A warm & friendly atmosphere along with a great selection of large healthy serves including bar snacks, soups, salads, burgers, pizzas and set meals with Vegetarian, keto and GF options prepared from locally sourced produce. Organic free trade coffee, tea and a good selection of local craft and domestic beers, wines, bubbly, cocktails & more. We are proud that over 99% of our annual purchases are made right here in Hakuba.
Reviewed 25 March 2018

This is an excellent place to chill and relax. Pete was very welcoming and knows whats was happening locally. Helped us out with ski hire and transport questions. I highly recommend the food and local brew. I'll definitely visit again. EPIC!

panna_pete, Owner at Lucky Pete's Cafe and Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Hi Jason

Thanks for taking the time to do a review! Especially when we are "EPIC" :)

So glad we could look after you.

Reviewed 23 March 2018

We've eaten at Lucky Pete's a few times when in Hakuba. The food is excellent. Really enjoyed the burger. The location downtown is great for those wanting easy access to the station or the bus stand nearby. Pete is a real character and a joy to chat with. Would highly recommend.

panna_pete, Owner at Lucky Pete's Cafe and Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 24 March 2018

Hi Iain
Thanks for taking the time to do your review, particularly as its so complementary. Im stoked that you have been in several times and we have been able to look after you each time.

Reviewed 22 March 2018 via mobile

Stopped here briefly for a beer and fries while waiting for our ride. Pete was a friendly bloke who served us delicious craft beer and huge portions of crispy French fries - great combo in the January cold.

panna_pete, Owner at Lucky Pete's Cafe and Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 23 March 2018

Hi Angelee
Thanks so much for the kind words. So glad we could look after you.
Pete

Reviewed 17 March 2018 via mobile

A cute little place that is warm and with pete around very friendly. First milkshake in japan didnt disappoint and with a quality burger and fries on the side it hit the spot and was just what i needed. My partner had the cheese croquettes and were cooked perfectly. The menu has most western or aussie faves so you will definitely fins something to fill you up before you get on the train. Pete also is a very friendly and funny bloke who is as much down to earth as to the menu so dont hesitate to say hi.

panna_pete, Owner at Lucky Pete's Cafe and Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 20 March 2018

Hi Friedlock
Thanks so much for such a nice review. After the last one its reassuring to read I am still on the right track. Im glad I could look after you and that you came in.
Thanks again.

Reviewed 17 March 2018

Upon entering the door, I said hello and politely asked the pub owner if the wifi was working at the pub. He answered "Yes, but only for our customers". The way he said it, made me feel as if he insinuated I would just go to a pub and use it as an internet cafe, while not consuming anything. Obviously I would consume something, but I simply wanted to know if the internet worked or not, as that was the key factor in making my decision whether to stay or not. It was not a very welcoming line, and made me feel a little uncomfortable. Also, the place is a bit of a dump.

panna_pete, Owner at Lucky Pete's Cafe and Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 4 May 2018

Hi Laura

Thanks for the review even with though its a one star. I apologise if you didnt like me being clear and direct about the wifi use, but wont apologise that it is indeed for customer use only.

Now I do recall serving you and am perplexed why you would stay so long if you found the surrondings such not to your liking. We are a simple cafe/bar with a simple decor. It works for some most people but apparently not all. That being said I have taken your feedback on board and we have recently added a lot more books, plants etc which has improved the place so thanks for that.

Thanks again for the review and I hope you enjoyed the rest of your trip to Hakuba. Cheers LP