“Great vegi find in the land of beef”
Review of Roots Cafe

Roots Cafe
Ranked #1 of 10 Coffee & Tea in Hakuba-mura
Cuisines: Cafe
Reviewed 6 March 2018 via mobile

This was a wonderful find that we came across at the bottom of a ski run. Not on our trail map. It was wonderful to find a vegi cafe with such good food and smoothies. You can get here either on skis or by foot. Worth searching out.

Reviewed 1 March 2018

We came here often for just a coffee or lunch while skiing. Its vegan except you can get cows milk for you coffee. The best vegan cakes I have had anywhere.
My only disappointment is that they would not give us their recipe for chocolate brownies. They were the best.

Reviewed 21 February 2018 via mobile

This is a pretty good vegetarian at the bottoms of the slopes, staff is friendly, very busy.... their apres ski nice for the kids, hot chocolate, cookies, brownies... they have a good vegetarian curry and I really liked their veggie burger! I couldn’t eat here every day... but it’s good!

Reviewed 13 February 2018

This place was probably the healthiest restaurant I've ever been to at a ski resort. The portion sizes are pretty sufficient too for a skier. Its not cheap but its great quality food. Highly recommend

Reviewed 8 February 2018 via mobile

I was so happy to find this place, a vegan restaurant on a ski slope with great food and great morals.

The brownies are to die for and the other main meals were delicious and filling.

Thank you guys for making two vegan skiers very happy during their stay in Hakuba.