“Nice Find”

Cuisines: Pub
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 6 April 2018

Found this place by accident when looking for somewhere to have an evening meal whilst out with the in-laws . Cosy, fairly traditional country pub. Food was good, nothing spectacular though I wasn't expecting anything spectacular! I had the veggie option for the change which was a duo if burgers with sweet potato fries. The fries I must say were very nice, the burgers though were quite dry.

Fine choice of beers on offer here too. Overall, we'd probably give the place another go if we were in the area.

Reviewed 4 April 2018

I’ve been coming to the Vaynol Arms for at least 10 years (usually for Sunday dinner with family or for a catch up with friends). I hadn’t been for a few months prior to my last visit and I have to say it wasn’t as nice as it used to be. I had the vegetarian fish and chips and while the battered halloumi was nice enough I think, for the price, it should be served with tasty homemade chips instead of bland frozen ones. I felt the price did not reflect the quality of the food. I don’t think I’ll be back in a hurry which is a shame as I used to really enjoy coming here

2  Thank Rhian H
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

WOW. We found this place by doing a Google search for local pubs.
We were so impressed with the friendliness of the staff and the layout.
We were most impressed with the food. Some of the best food we have had in a long time.
The very best home cooked Sunday lunch with all the trimmings served piping hot.

2  Thank Heather A
Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

A great little place for a bite to eat with the family. Lovely helpful staff, great food, extensive menu, welcoming fire and they welcome walkers straight of the trail with all the mud that comes with it.
This is the second time for us at the Vaynol Arms and again we absolutely loved the food, between us (family of 4) we had chicken curry and the lamb burgers, really lovely food and reasonably priced.
Definitely go again next year!

1  Thank PatRoe
Reviewed 21 March 2018

Visited twice whilst staying in the area - would definitely feck mend a visit. We went for a Sunday afternoon dinner and had the chicken and leek pie and my wife had the beef suet pudding . Both were great with plenty of veg and lovely gravy. Then yesterday we both had the Tuesday steak offer, beautifully cooked and great value. Owner and staff were very welcoming and made you feel like a local. If you're in the area pay the Vaynol Arms a visit!