this is a great, clean, easy to stay in place with enough creature comforts to make a ski trip easy.
my wife and i stayed there in a tatami room in rm 303. the room was huge, and had an ensuite toilet and handbasin. There is also an excellent bath/ofururo downstairs which is very clean and a great way to relax after a days skiing.
We had no issues with the futons as we knew what to expect, and they were certainly comfortable enough and we never needed the heater at night.
The staff there, are all very polite and helpful, and you will have no problems getting their help with any questions or queries you might have. Sato-san is an excellent host, and we had above and beyond help from Kim as well while we were staying there.
The villa is almost ski in- ski out...just a small 20m walk up the hill behind the hotel in the morning and you can start to ski your way around to the lifts.
All the resorts (incl Ichinose) are showing their age, but its been a while since the 1998 Olympics, and the best thing everyone can do to make sure there are plenty of good resorts and hotels at Shiga in the future, is to come over and have an excellent skiing holiday at Ichinose !! :-)
-if you have good ski/snowboard gear than take it !, and just get them delivered to the hotel. The range in Ichinose, including at the hotel and the rental shops in town isnt that extensive and not worth the cost. It only cost us 1600Y to ship a ski bag to Ichinose from Narita airport with Yamato (the little cats :) ) which is much cheaper than hiring on mountain.
There are not too many restaurants in town, but the cafe/restaurant on the ground has good beer and pretty good gyoza and yakisoba :-) and there is also a great little izakaya down the road which makes a great break from the Villa. Ask them for therir Nozawa-na pickles..they're pretty good :-) and excellent karage chicken too.
- with 5 days of skiing, we were able to see around 90% of all the resorts and the runs, and we never got bored with the terrain or variety. Shiga doesnt offer much in the way of off piste snow action, but it isnt Niseko and doesnt pretend to be ;-)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We locates altitude 1700m, in front of bus stop and ski slope, it is a good location. The rooms are Japanese-style main there, even Western-style. Enjoy a buffet or dishes using seasonal ingredients meals. Relax in the spa large shared hot bath. There fireplace and sofa, free high-speed Internet connection in the lobby. You can enjoy snowboarding and skiing in winter from December to May. Convenient Yamazaki shop open limited in winter. Restaurant 101 offer Noodles and plates for lunch, Syabu-Syabu and sukiyaki for dinner(please book in advance).You can enjoy hiking and summering from spring to autumn. Even in midsummer, you can rest comfortably at night at around 25 ℃. In addition, You can enjoy the alpine garden at an altitude of 2000m. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Odigeo so you can book your Villa Ichinose reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Villa Ichinose Japan/Yamanouchi-Machi, Nagano Prefecture