1,288 results
All reviews garden wing italian garden milton hill manor house the main house free coffee leisure facilities biscuits lovely grounds de vere hotel changing rooms sauna and steam room bar menu on the small side weekend break evening meal bar area
Reviewed 29 January 2018 via mobile

Been ho this hotel for a dinner party the foid was well presented and tasty. The service very good, chef Greg came out to sey hello wich was a nice touch.will be back thank you for dinner. The bar staff are really nice too

Date of stay: January 2018
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 29 January 2018

Good hotel with reasonable rooms in a very uninspiring new block.
Everything was good. I like the coffee stations around the hotel where you go and help yourself.
Parking did get busyinto the late evening and had to park a distance away. Can walk through hotel though. Didn’t have breakfast here.

Date of stay: November 2017
Reviewed 19 January 2018 via mobile

I've stayed here a number of times over the last year, and it is probably my favourite place in the immediate area (at least of the ones affordable for my work budget).

The rooms are fairly comfortable, with everything you'd expect. I've stayed in the gable cottage (quite nice) and the garden wing (horrible concrete block). In the latter, there seem to be massive clocks in the tiny bathrooms. Why? The first tune it was 10 mins fast, then second room, half and hour slow then stopped completely. Plus the radiator in the bathroom leaks slightly, and the toilet constantly dribbles. And you don't get toiletries anymore, just dispensers on the wall. That's the first of the disappointing changes in the last coupe of months.

The other changes are with food. The bar menu (OK food, but not a great choice) used to be individually priced, ranging from £9 (veg pasta) to £14 (fish & chips, chicken curry). New menu, everything's £14. Too much.

At breakfast, they used to ask you if you wanted tea or coffee, and bring it to you. Now it's self service from a machine. It's not nice coffee, you have to get the mug in EXACTLY the right place to catch both the milk and coffee (note, not centrally, as you'd expect), and both times I've stayed when they've had the new machine, there's been one day when neither machine was working and I missed out on coffee. Both times they fixed it, but it was too late for me by then.

In summary, lovely main building and surroundings. Garden wing rooms could do with an overall (or compete rebuild), and the recent cost saving/higher prices have spoilt things.

Date of stay: January 2018
Trip type: Travelled on business
2  Thank Bloggin
Reviewed 9 January 2018

The main house itself is lovely, and the facilities seem great, although we weren't here long enough to enjoy them properly. Our room smelled a bit of damp, we were in one of the cottage rooms. It was pretty standard, and slightly disappointing after seeing how lovely the main house is. Staff were helpful and friendly, and we might stay again if we could stay in a different room.

Date of stay: October 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank caspernfg
Reviewed 5 January 2018 via mobile

This was a repeat visit for my partner on New Years Eve. We arrived early to be shown to one of the “Cottage” rooms which was completely unsatisfactory, being dated and the bathroom filthy and not cleaned. However we would like to thank the Duty Manager, Lee, who dealt very promptly with our issues and moved us to one of the garden rooms in the annex which was obviously more recently redecorated and was clean and comfortable. The evening meal and music were great and we had a thoroughly good time. The room and tables were beautifully decorated. The waiters and waitresses were extremely efficient and dealt quickly with any minor requests we had. Perhaps the new owners would do well to look at the general decoration of both the hotel and some of the rooms as these are due a refurbishment. Overall a very enjoyable stay.

Date of stay: December 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Ben S, General Manager at Milton Hill Abingdon, responded to this reviewResponded 19 January 2018

Dear Rob,

Thank you for your review of Milton Hill, I was really pleased to read you enjoyed the New Years Eve party. I am of course sorry that you were disappointed with your bedroom and I'm glad that Lee was able to rectify this swiftly.

We are currently in the process of planning refurbishment works now that the transition to our new owners is complete.

I do hope we can welcome you back to the hotel in the future.

Kind regards,