1,354 results
All reviews tempo bar golf course oldest marriott main building steam room leisure facilities golf club junior suite relaxing weekend evening meal two double beds grounds are stunning steak bar prices peak district food was lovely great golf
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Stayed on 13th October room 253. We did expect our stay to be a lot worse having read a lot of the reviews on here. However on arrival you are met with an impressive building. Check in was straightforward, ample parking. It was a bit of a trek to our room from reception. On arrival we had lunch in the cast iron restaurant which was modern and bright.

The staff were really lovely and very helpful. We asked for the music to be turned down and a lovely older lady (sorry did not get her name) said it was no problem, she then came back to see if it was ok, which was lovely customer service. Our waiter had a beard with black hair he was also attentive and delivered very good customer service. We had sandwiches. I had a chicken on brown and my partner had a club sandwich, they were very nice.

The room had what we wanted, apart from enough milk for coffee. The bed was very comfy. There was a lot of noise at night from adjoining rooms which woke my partner up, he was not pleased in the morning.

The rooms are a bit dated and there is stains on the lampshades and rust in the bathroom. The hand towels in the bathroom are hard and small. I could not get it round my head after washing my hair. We had a lovely view of the gardens from the room.

We are avid gym users and went to look at the cardio and strength rooms. The Cardio room looked ok. The weights room had most of the equipment we would use but due to the size of it we decided to go to the gym on the way home.

We also decided not to eat dinner at the hotel, we went to an Indian restaurant called the Royal Taj which is about 11-15 minutes from the hotel which had amazing staff and great food.

The pool is not as big as it looks in the pictures we decided not-to use it as it is overlooked.

It’s a shame they don’t serve dinner in the priory restaurant as it is far more pleasant and fits in with the history of the priory rather than the modern cast iron restaurant. The priory is kept for private golf events.

Breakfast was very nice and was served in the priory restaurant. Once again the staff were very polite and attentive. Plenty of choice and well laid out breakfast.

We did not really have to many complaints. The hotel is in need of upgrade which is noticeable in a number of areas throughout. However the staff saved the day they were all extremely attentive and polite.

Stayed: October 2018, travelled as a couple
Sanoj N, Manager at Breadsall Priory Marriott Hotel & Country Club, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your Review.

I would like to offer my sincere apology for you having to take the time to write this and also for the less than perfect experience you have received.Clearly there are lessons to be learned and I appreciate you drawing your points to our attention. I believe we always strive to offer the best service to our guests but on this occasion we did not meet yours or our expectations. Please accept our apology for not meeting your expectations during your stay.

Sanoj

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

Breadsall Priory is so impressive! A beautiful building, it was great to explore the buildings. However, there was no free wifi in the bedrooms, and given that it is an ideal business location, this should be a given. Whilst the views from the bedroom were lovely, the bathroom was tired and would benefit from TLC. The bed was really comfortable and bedroom reasonably spacious. I loved the reception area but the grill offered food which was expensive and of really poor quality! I had ribs which lacked meat, were tough and challenging to the teeth! My partner had a steak which was worse!
We decided to eat in the dining room for the second night but it wasn't open! Ultimately we retreated to a lovely, local pub and ate a delicious dinner at a reasonable price.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your Review.

I would like to offer my sincere apology for you having to take the time to write this and also for the less than perfect experience you have received. I believe we always strive to offer the best service to our guests, but on this occasion we did not meet yours or our expectations.

I would like to talk to you further in the hope we are able to go some way to restore your faith in Breadsall Priory,

Reviewed 8 October 2018 via mobile

A truly beautiful hotel with very friendly staff. Food ok from bar/room service. £10 taxi ride to city centre. Golf and space available and an absolute pleasure. Ideal for business or special occasions. I am a regular visitor so tend to get great rooms. Beautiful surroundings.

Stayed: October 2018, travelled on business
Ruth P, Guest Relations Manager at Breadsall Priory Marriott Hotel & Country Club, responded to this reviewResponded today

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience at the Breadsall Priory Marriott Hotel & Country Club.

As a Valued Guest, we appreciate your feedback and are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay.

We appreciate your feedback and I have passed this onto the Hotel Manager to circulate.

We look forward to welcoming you back for your next visit.

Ruth.
MARRIOTT HOTELS | TRAVEL BRILLIANTLY
Breadsall Priory, Marriott Hotel and Country Club | Moor Road, Morley, Derby, DE7 6DL

Reviewed 3 October 2018

hello all
ours was a group of 40 golfers spending 1 nt 2 rounds of golf ,this is our 2nd time at this venue,,firstly the hotel looks great as you drive down to it ,the oldest marriot hotel apparently,and it showed in places tired drab rooms ,the new parts where our bedrooms were are great very nice rooms twin beds coffee makers great ,staff pleasant enough ,while not very interested in having a chat or service with a smile, the hotel were asked as we booked if it would be possible to lay on a carvery for us as this fine quisine dining were not used to ,obviously this was denied.because evening meal came and went with my taste buds not tickled one bit,i had never heard of most of these dishes ,in my very humble opinion this is not what a group of golfers need ,a carvery ,steaks chops etc,however ,breakfast fantastic all laid out a real treat lovely ,NOW my gripe are the bar prices disgusting even for a marriot ,nearly £19 for four pints ,£4 for a tiny tin of chips 12 at the most why do these places feel its okay to mug people ,the good bit is the courses the priory being a real test ,and the moorland wide an open ,so my advice to all societies going here just book b/b,2 rounds golf take a mini bus into derby ,save a small fortune to put into your next outing our go to greatham valley on the a1 near stamford cheers

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled with friends
Ruth P, Guest Relations Manager at Breadsall Priory Marriott Hotel & Country Club, responded to this reviewResponded 4 October 2018

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your Review. I would like to offer my sincere apology for you having to take the time to write this and also for the less than perfect experience you have received.Clearly there are lessons to be learned and I appreciate you drawing your points to our attention. I believe we always strive to offer the best service to our guests but on this occasion we did not meet yours or our expectations.

Please accept our apology for not meeting your expectations during your stay. As we strive to deliver a flawless guest experience, your feedback is essential so we can continue to improve our hotel operations.

Ruth.

Reviewed 28 September 2018 via mobile

We returned to Breadsall Priory for one night in order to attend a reunion. The welcome we received from all the staff was overwhelming. We have been staying here for over twenty five years, spending a number of wonderful, enjoyable Christmasses here with our elderly mums. Such a fabulous venue, steeped in history and providing such a great service. Thank you everyone. We really enjoyed coming back to see you all.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled with friends
Ruth P, Guest Relations Manager at Breadsall Priory Marriott Hotel & Country Club, responded to this reviewResponded 2 October 2018

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review in regards to your recent stay at the Breadsall Priory Marriott Hotel & Country Club.

We pride ourselves on delivering a memorable hotel experience during your travels as a valued guest and I'm so pleased that you have enjoyed your stay with us.

We look forward to welcoming you back for your next visit.