1,347 results
All reviews tempo bar golf course oldest marriott main building spa treatments steam room leisure facilities leisure club junior suite relaxing weekend evening meal two double beds grounds are stunning steak peak district food was lovely great golf
Reviewed 22 February 2016

Booked a night at Breadsall the day before we went. Never been before but reviews looked good and we were not disappointed. Our room was lovely, even if it took a bit of finding. The grounds were beautiful even if the weather stopped us exploring them. We had a meal in the Priory Restaurant which was delicious, as was the breakfast next morning. All he staff were really welcoming and helpful. We will definately be going back again!

• Stayed: February 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 February 2016 via mobile

Very poor. If you read the reviews the strength of the hotel is the customer service as the rooms and facilities are dated. Our service level was abysmal. Check in - long wait and the no real explanation of hotel layout so got lost in the rain when I could have walked through the hotel. Pool area and gym very busy.
Went to the restaurant at night, the bar reception area empty. Ignored by staff who came in. Then went to the barman who had ignored me and my family. So as they weren't bothered wether we were there or not we went to the second bar.

At the second bar he gave me one drink said we we bring the rest over. 30 min later food arrives no drinks. I asked were they were -10 minutes later they arrive.
We stayed in deluxe room which is an 80s 90s feel.
Breakfast is the usual Marriott good standard. The young waitress was the only person who showed attentive service. On checkout the only question I was asked was how was I was paying. Says it all!

Stayed: February 2016, travelled with family
2  Thank Compass537755
Katherine P, Personal Assistant to GM at Breadsall Priory Marriott Hotel & Country Club, responded to this reviewResponded 23 February 2016

Thank you for your valued feedback. I will pass this onto the relevant hotel teams to make sure this was an isolated issue. We also have a new restaurant manager who will speak with the restaurant team and who will make changes moving forward.

Reviewed 21 February 2016 via mobile

Spend a night on business mid week, the hotel was cold (it was winter) but the room was hot. Food was good but the room needed a referb. Lovely grounds and attentive staff. I stay in many Marriotts, this is the oldest one and just in my option needs some TLC

Stayed: February 2016

Thank you for your feedback. We are at present waiting for a hotel refurbishment to commence in the next year.

Reviewed 21 February 2016 via mobile

We went to the Breadsall Priory to celebrate our 3rd wedding anniversary.

The room was in an area of the building that was tatty, which was a shame given the gorgeous outside of the hotel

We were extremely disappointed that we could not get into the main restaurant despite trying to book at 2.45pm in the afternoon meaning we had to eat in the 'sports bar' - the food was awful. Ribs overcooked, chips hard and undercooked, tasteless chicken wings

On the positive side the pool is nice, although you couldn't swim because there were so many children in the pool, with no swimming lane and no adult only time during the weekend

We won't be coming back here again soon!!!

Stayed: February 2016, travelled as a couple
Katherine P, Personal Assisant to GM at Breadsall Priory Marriott Hotel & Country Club, responded to this reviewResponded 23 February 2016

Dear Mark

Thank you for your feedback. We have passed this on to the relevant departments who will speak with the staff to resolve the issues you had.

We hope to welcome you back to Breadsall Priory, in the not to distant future.

Reviewed 17 February 2016

Very difficult to get through to the facilities. After the third call, others not answered I got the reservations. The male answering the phone said they were very busy when I tried to explain how long it had taken me to get through. The six options on the phone do not mention booking the restaurant at all. I am surprised they are busy when you can't get through to them.

• Stayed: February 2016, travelled as a couple
Anne S, Housekeeping Manager at Breadsall Priory Marriott Hotel & Country Club, responded to this reviewResponded 21 February 2016

Thank you for your feedback. I have passed your feedback to the relevant departments to action to ensure this does not happen again.
Regards