Open today: 9:00 am - 4:30 pm
More Information

Ways to Experience Rusutsu Resort Amusement Park
from USD 2,800.00
More Info
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 2 June 2018

Finally made it this March with two friends. Rusutsu is definitely one of the luxury experience I had. But in terms of ski resort - you never got bored and you got everything you had there. Great for beginners and advance. For me,. I am an intermediate so not much to choose from. Best thing is you never have to wait long for lift. Can't beat this. Other than this, room type is perfect for family. however if I travel alone the price is too high. Hope they can have a good price range for solo traveller like me.

Date of experience: March 2018
1  Thank idafun
Reviewed 27 January 2018 via mobile

This resort is based on 2 mountains. The West mountain that is not high and the East Mountain that is higher and has more runs. There are too many flat areas at this resort but they have made good efforts at sign posting which helps the new comer. The trails are well cared for. The Mt Isola Grand run was my favourite. There are a range of beginner runs and intermediate as well as black runs. I didn’t see a lot of evidence of grooming but this is due to the fact that it snowed a lot. The snow is champagne powder and perfect for powder hounds.

Date of experience: January 2018
1  Thank Jill2003
Reviewed 23 January 2018 via mobile

Not much else to say other than this is the best resort in japan. Interesting aesthetics inside the resort and a few shops to purchase necessary goods.

Date of experience: January 2018
Reviewed 30 December 2017

Excellent skiing ~ open trails = 37 lifts and few people. Excellent if skiing is 100%..better than most European skiing and #1 in Japan so far

Date of experience: December 2017
Reviewed 11 October 2017

My wife, 7-year-old daughter and myself treated ourselves to a three day, two night stay at Rusutsu Resort, though we stayed across the street at the Westin. There are many things to do at this resort - ski, golf, amusement park - but given we went on the last day of the FAll season, we focused only on the amusement park and we had a terrific time. The amusement park is kind of nostalgic in that it doesn't have a lot of big wow's - it has a lot of cute, medium sized attractions which are a bit aged which gives it a lot of character. there were 8 roller coasters - they're not big, but my are they wickedly exciting! when we went, there were either no lines or just 10 mins, so we had a terrific time going from one to another. another great fun were the animals. we saw the dog races every day we went, and also the duck races. really cute stuff. And, last but not least, there's a restaurant within the park that is called "Sweets" something. They have first class pizza and pasta which is restaurant quality, so look for this place rather than settling for the other amusement park style fast food. There are many other things to do at the park and I highly recommend it. You can easily do this park in one day, but if your kid loves parks like this, it's fun to do it all again on the next day if you're staying at the resort. BTW - this resort is not exactly first class - it's a bit aging and i guess it's hard to keep everything in pristine condition with weather conditions like this throughout the year, but it's a well taken care of kind of place, the staff are super friendly. We really loved this place.

Date of experience: October 2017