“Hard to find, but quaint and good food”
Review of Alla Stella

Alla Stella
Ranked #12 of 36 Restaurants in Aviano
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 21 February 2017 via mobile

Heard about this place from others who had been up to the "chrome dome." It was hard to access, we ended up parking down the road and walking and it seemed as if we were just walking up to someone's house but we found it. The owner was very accommodating especially since we had our small dog with us. There are no menus, he just came and gave us 4 options for the first course. I had the pasta with meat sauce which was good and my husband had pasta with aioli sauce. Then he came and gave us the 4 options for second course. I had turkey stew which had tender flavorful chunks of turkey. Husband had pork chop. He brings you out 3 sides, we had peas, beans and what looked like kimchi. It was a lot of food so come hungry!

Date of visit: February 2017

Reviewed 28 October 2016

Apologies for my review of this restaurant. It was done by mistake as this restaurant has the same name as another restaurant which is located in Desenzano del Garda. That was the restaurant which I meant to review and not the one in Aviano.

Date of visit: October 2016
Reviewed 11 September 2016 via mobile

I booked to eat in this restaurant but all that they could offer me was a seat at the bar. When I arrived I ordered water and a bottle of Prosecco. Within 5 minutes a couple and a child arrived without booking: they had a table within few minutes. When I complained they told me that they were doing business and preferred to give a table to 3 than to 1. Bad business choice. I am a single professional woman with spending power. I would have ordered the most expensive things on the menu. A couple with a child from Italy is going to watch their spending. Needless to say...I left. I had a great meal at Gattolardo instead. Alla Stella was a let down....Gattolardo was fabulous

Date of visit: August 2016
Reviewed 25 March 2016

This is a hidden gem, I was going there back in early 1998 until 2003. Recently returned in 2016 and the place is the same. Quality, Quantity and hospitality. Roberto is the best. Parking is limited so if you go in a group, car pool. If you walk away hungry from here, there is no one to blame but yourself. One price of Euro12 and everything is included. Will be back!!
Ciao!!!

Date of visit: March 2016
Reviewed 30 October 2015 via mobile

The food was good, simple, butt good. A family atmosphere. Bring cash because they don't take credit cards. Good hospitality.

Date of visit: October 2015