See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 11 July 2013

My husband and I stayed here to break our journey back to the Tunnel. What a treat we discovered in this very quiet and elegant village of Remy. The building is beautiful with its towers and it has a lovely garden and pool area. The decor is very chic throughout. The beds are so comfortable with lovely soft feather/down pillows. The shower room was great and towelling robes were supplied. Dinner is available which we booked in advance. It is a set menu and the quality was superb. The service is friendly and efficient. We also had a very good breakfast. If you like style and comfort, then you will enjoy the Manoir St Charles.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Heather D
Reviewed 13 May 2013

My husband and I wrapped up our 9-day Europe trip with our moms at this B&B. The location was absolutely perfect for our morning flight from CDG. Only about 35minutes (even during Monday morning rush hour) from CDG, plus there is even a convenient gas station 5km from CDG right on the route (perfect for that rental return). We did not meet the owners, but instead were greeted & served by the new managers. The husband and wife team (I'm sorry I don't recall their names) was very generous and we enjoyed speaking with them (as best we could with our limited French)! We opted for dinner as we wanted to have a special treat for our last night - quite tasty! Because we needed to leave a bit early the next morning to catch our flight, they were kind enough to accommodate us with an early breakfast. The rooms were great - we stayed in the tower, gothic & secret; all of which had balcony access. The only negative is that the stairs are very steep; not great for older individuals - definitely a bit of a challenge for our moms. We will absolutely return!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 May 2013

Absolutely beautiful and the owners are a credit to the hospitality industry, they made us feel very special and I would recommend that anyone passing near Remy should stay here for a night. Thank you

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 July 2012

After visiting many well known chains in and around Compiegne with many disappointments, I finally found this treasure. Since then I visit the Manoir around 2 times per month on my business-trips. Vincent and Catherine became real friends and surprise me with excellent service and food time after time. We had some family celibrations which were impressive as well.

Room Tip: I tried all rooms except the ''Les HAUTS DE SAINT CHARLES'' because this has a bath only and no shower. All others are great and it depends on your taste which one is best.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 5 June 2012

Manoir St Charles represents the realisation of a dream home for Catherine and Vincent. The property is foremost their home, and you really get this feel when you stay there. The beds are perhaps one of the comfiest anywhere in the world, and the finishing touches in the rooms are lovely.
The property is in the middle of nowhere. So unless you are going to drive - forget it! There is also very little to do in the surrounding village, so a car is essential. We visited castles nearby, walked for miles in the countryside and then relaxed with wine in the evening. I wasn't even put off by the day of rain we had!
Breakfast is a continental style, so don't expect anything cooked beyond a boiled egg, but that isn't a complaint! The pastries are laid out fresh every morning, as is the bread, butter and homemade jam. Every item I tasted was scrumptious.
In the evening Catherine gives you the option of a home-made meal. It costs 29 euros per person, but has a pre-dinner drink, a starter, a main, a cheese course, a dessert and coffees/ petit fours. The portions are a great size and the food is cooked to perfection. Proper, home-made French cooking.
I cannot recommend Manoir St charles highly enough. If it is an escape you are after - put it on your 'must see' list!

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple