Review Highlights

didn't need the business

Reviewed 18 June 2013
Travellingfoursome
ontario

See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 6 February 2014

The web site was fantastic .. who would not be excited about the flights over Gros Morne or over to ice berg alley!!! The reality was that I had no response from Gros Morne Flights for 3 months prior to my trip. I tracked down Rollie, once I was on my trip, (in his home town and after a lot of work) and he was so involved in other business matters that I felt that I was at the lowest end of the totem and that my chances of a flight were slim to none. The flight did not happen!!! This flight was to be one of the highlites of my Gros Morne trip ... thankfully, I found so many other adventures and people that my Gros Morne trip was excellent and one that I would do again. I would certainly question counting on Gros Morne Flights being a part of any future plans.

4  Thank Larry E
Reviewed 18 June 2013

I contacted Rollie 4 times over the last 4 months and advised when we'd be in Cow Head. Even called the day before arriving. Spoke to him each time and although he advised that the flights are weather dependent, he said to call and that's what I did - several times. Arrived in Cow Head and our host at our B & B even left a message. I had left my cell phone number with Rollie. His plane wasn't even here. Never heard from him. It was supposed to be a birthday present for my husband. Wish he had the common courtesy to say he wasn't able to do it. Guess he didn't need the business.

5  Thank Travellingfoursome
Reviewed 12 July 2012

We contacted Rollie at Gros Morne Flights and he was very helpful with details of times and prices and wants to make sure that your flight is a great experience. We drove up to Parson Pond, which an easy ride from Corner Brook. Everything was just as Rollie had outlined and the Cessna 185 was ready and waiting at the dock on the pond. John the pilot is very knowledgeable and helpful, keeping us informed of what to expect and pointing out highlights along the way. The takeoff was smooth, and a quick climb along the coastal plain brought us over the tops of the mountains and some of the most breathtaking views we have seen anywhere. The views from the air are awesome, a whole different world than you would expect after viewing the park from the coastal road. Looking down Western Brook Pond by itself makes the flight worthwhile as you ride south over several fjords, Gros Morne Mountain and Bonne Bay, with all the coastal communities in the background. Turning over the Tablelands and taking us lower, John took us back up the coast for a view from the sea, past the inlets to the fjords and a perfect landing back on Parsons Pond. The flight was 1 hour, we had a fantastic time and highly recommend this trip.

2  Thank DeannaWG
Reviewed 3 July 2012

Feel the exhilarating rush from the initial takeoff from Moulting Pond, up over the Appalachian Mountains, southward over the fantastic views of the Western Brook Fiord, Gros Morne Mountain, the Tablelands, Green Point stratigraphy, and the rugged coastline of Gros Morne National Park. On-board a Cessna 185 float airplane, serviced by Gros Morne Flights, out of Cow Head, Newfoundland. This is a Gros Morne experience of a lifetime, and with the professional booking assistance of Rollie and the flying skills of John the pilot, you will not regret or ever forget this great adventure. This is a new 2012 service to the National Park, its long overdue, and about time we get this great offering from the great team at Gros Morne Flights. The scheduled route is a 1 hour flight, but they are very flexible, and if you request an alternate flight plan during booking, I'm sure you will be accommodated. Spectacular, wowed, fantastic, and absolutely amazing, this is a must do event while visiting the park... check out their website http://www.grosmorneflights.ca

8  Thank jimstrowbridge