“Happy feet ”

Ranked #1 of 3 things to do in Low Head
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Reviewed 23 August 2017 via mobile

What an amazing experience only made possible by the well organised tour guides who know their stuff. So patient & explain with detail how & why the very cute little creatures do what they do. After being separated into two groups our group of 6 led by the fantastic Kaitlyn we set off down the dunes & beach to await these little guys arrival onto the rocks. We weren't disappointed & up they came in their tuxedo waddle & up to the safety of the huge thorn bush where their burrows are & awaiting hungry babies. Kaitlyn was very knowledgable in all things penguin & would do this tour again. Some great photos taken but strictly no flashes. It is worth the wait & the cold weather so wear appropriate clothing & you will really enjoy it. So Close to them but strictly not close enough to touch. Thanks to the lovely Kaitlyn & Shirley you deserve the trip advisor awards

1  Thank Cazmorgsmac

Reviewed 13 August 2017 via mobile

Eric and Shirley were excellent tour guides and really made our visit worth the time! Shirley gave us excellent information about the species ahead of time so we knew what we were doing. While we were down by the water, the penguins began coming to shore in large groups and were about 5 meters away. We then went up to the path they commonly use, and Shirley asked me to stand on the path with my legs spread apart and five penguins ran through my legs!! As the hour long tour went on, we split into smaller groups so we could get closer and ask more questions. As we walked around, Eric told us why the penguins were doing certain things and acting certain ways as we observed them. Overall, this was an incredible experience!! I'd say it's a must do for any solo traveler, couple, or family to participate in! Thank you Eric and Shirley for a great experience!

1  Thank 1,234,289
Reviewed 23 July 2017 via mobile

Fantastic tour, our guide Shirley was great and friendly. We saw heaps of penguins, was a lot more fun than I thought it would be.

2  Thank metalfanmartin
Reviewed 8 July 2017 via mobile

We met so many penguins. Oh my goodness. The hosts were nice and taught us a lot. I got to stand there and the penguins walked right through my legs. Magical.

2  Thank AlwaysHungree
Reviewed 6 July 2017 via mobile

Shirley was a great guide and very accommodating with views for photos and looking after the young kids. The kids loved having the penguins walk under their legs while sitting still. Even with the cold wind, we could've stayed much longer. Would definitely recommend and do again.

2  Thank nhugget