“Dinner and breakfast, delicious food!”

The flavors restaurant
Price range: USD 5 - USD 10
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

I found this jewel just as I was driving by and I had the best surprise food-wise in Sri Lanka.
The dinner was perfectly cooked with local ingredients that brought the real flavors of Sri Lanka to me.
I loved the okra, eggplant and the chicken curry dishes!
I was in heaven!
Honestly, they deserve to be experienced.

Thank you Mr. Sarath for the delicious foods!
I was gladly surprised with your cuisine abilities.
And thank you Indika for your kind hospitality!

niroshaniindika, Owner at The flavors restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 10 April 2018

Dear Sir/ Madam,I would like to thank you for having taken the time to comment on your recent visit at the flavors Restaurant.i am most pleased of all thoughts that you enjoyed our service & meals we look forward to our place to welcome you again the flavors restaurant. your Faithfully Indika (owner)

Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

It's not often that Trip Advisor gets it so so wrong. I'm baffled as to how this restaurant has the #1 rating in Tissa??? It is a small patio area on a main road with no charm to it except the lovely lady who acts as front of house/waitress. The menu limited and food was mediocre at best. I got the only Sri Lankan item on the menu - a 10 piece tasting curry (I can't remember the name exacty but there are pictures from previous reviews) "Meh" is all I can say. A mountain of rice with 10 dishes, one of these poppadoms and one an excuse of a salad consisting of a few cucumbers and a few slices of red onion, so 8 authentic Sri Lankan dishes in my eyes. That aside - as I have said above - mediocre is the only way to describe it. There is an full page of Chinese dishes and also lots of Western options burgers, sandwiches etc so that's probably why the place probably gets so much business.

If you are looking for a special evening go to the BBQ restaurant at Yala Peace Cottages, you won't be disappointed! It is everything that the flavors restaurant would love to be.

All in all 1/5. Give it a miss and go elsewhere!

niroshaniindika, Owner at The flavors restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 1 April 2018

Response Published — 31 Mar 2018
Dear Sir/ Madam,I would like to thank you for having taken the time to comment on your recent visit at the flavors Restaurant.i am most pleased of all thoughts that you enjoyed our service & meals we look forward to our place to welcome you again the flavors restaurant.dear madam I am really sorry for the any inconvenience our good,if you tell me you have any problems. We can give you any other dish.i am really sorry for that.
your Faithfully Indika (owner)

Reviewed 26 March 2018 via mobile

Very taste sri lanka typical dish and an incredibly taste and big tuna. Very nice staff. Very helpful.

niroshaniindika, Owner at The flavors restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 31 March 2018

Reviewed 26 March 2018 via mobile

Went here for dinner one night after reading reviews on here - and we wasn’t disappointed . We both had the vegetable curry which was very tasty and perfect size . They then brought out some bananas for dessert free of charge . The staff were extremely friendly , and the beers were cold . Would definitely recommend this place for a tasty Sri Lankan curry !

Reviewed 26 March 2018

Very nice owners, good food, beers. A bit out of the way, but worth a tuk-tuk ride. Eat here. Apparently I need to add more characters for TA to save this so you can ignore the last sentence.