All reviews recommend villa concrete floor honeymoon stay eggs made to order bernese mountain dog pretty hotel lovely peaceful hotel construction workers chess set outdoor gym water temperature rooms are large absolutely loved our stay small hotel rented a car onsite restaurant the hotel staff
Reviewed 14 April 2017

The villa is beautiful, very well maintained and the people were outstanding. Recommended wonderful wineries tours/lunches, sites to see, things to do. Their restaurant is very good, decent wine list and menu. The view of Cerro Aconcagua is out of sight, and the tero birds in the field to the north every evening were an added plus.

Trip type: Travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
viviana28, Gerente at Villa Mansa Wine Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 19 May 2017

Thanks for reviewing us on TripAdvisor!
We would love to receive your visit again in the future!

Reviewed 4 April 2017

We stayed here for 4 nights while we toured a few wineries in the area. We also spent quite a bit of time relaxing by the pool.

The rooms are large with decks with a view to the mountains. The bathroom was also large with a nice shower. The lighting in the room was a bit harsh - possibly because the ceilings are so high and there are no lamps. My only complaint (and it is a small one that does not detract from my overall opinion) is that the bed sheet was not large enough and every night it came off and we ended up on the bare mattress.

Wifi was just OK. I think there was a problem with it while we were there. We were also unable to access some of the TV options such as Netflix (possibly due to the wifi issues).

Breakfasts were good. You could get eggs cooked to order - and they were delicious. Like most hotels they provided crescent rolls - however unlike most hotels they included a non-sugary option. I am not a big fan on the sugar filled breakfasts in Argentina so it was nice to get something that was not covered in something sweet.

We ate at the restaurant every night. The food was fine. The exception was the night they did the full blown asado - including cooking ribs over an open fire pit for most of the day. My husband was in heaven - I hope he did not annoy the chef too much with all his hovering! We were supposed to go out for dinner that night but once we found out about the asado we opted to eat in. That was the right decision - this was hands down the best BBQ we had in Argentina.

Staff were excellent. We did a private wine tour of the Ucco Valley while we were in Mendoza so opted to just see one or two wineries a day while at Villa Mansa. The staff made all the arrangements. Unfortunately we were there over a weekend and not all wineries are open then, so we did not get a chance to see some of the ones we wanted. However staff made some recommendations and we ended up seeing and tasting some great wines that we had not even considered.

There was a crew filming for a Dutch show or 2 days. This was really annoying however I think the hotel did what it could to keep that to a minimum. It will no doubt do a lot for the hotel in terms of advertising.

The pool was very nice. The temperature was just right.

There appeared to be a few honeymooners there, which makes sense as it is a very pretty hotel in a very nice location.

We would stay here again.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank 894paty

Wow, best BBQ in Argentina? That´s a very high bet! I´m sure our chef will love to read this.

Honestly thanks for writing such a complete feedback, specially useful for future guests in terms of what to do while in Mendoza.

We would love to receive you again in Mendoza! I´m sure you still have some great amount of wineries to taste!

Saludos,

Reviewed 19 March 2017

We stayed 3 nights with friends and had a fantastic time
Great spacious rooms with mountain views and vineyards
The staff and owners of the Hotel were fantastic and very helpful in every way and could not do enough for us.
Our stay was certainly very enjoyable
We would recommend this hotel to anyone coming to Mendoza

Room tip: Rooms are very spacious high ceilings
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Thank you for recommending our hotel to anyone coming to Mendoza.
We hope to host you again in your next visit.
Warmest regards,

Reviewed 9 March 2017

Villa Mansa was our base in the region to explore the nearby bodegas and countryside. It's stunning. You're welcomed by two very cute friendly dogs who roam the grounds, keeping it safe. The grounds have a vineyard, main mansion building where the reception and restaurant is and also pool as the centre piece surrounded by really beautiful gardens.

You can rent bikes here for around $30 a day - we did this and found this the best way to visit the nearby bodegas like Vistalba.

Staff were also extremely helpful and friendly. Definitely recommend this - it was very hard to leave!

Tip: check out their restaurant for dinner - it's one of the most highly rated in the area.

Date of stay: March 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Stephan, thank you very much for your review! And we really appreciate your positive feedback about our restaurant!

Saludos from Mendoza.

Reviewed 26 February 2017

I'm so happy I stayed here in November 2016 on a girls trip. The property is dreamy. Our taxi driver got lost getting here but your are greeted with beautiful vineyards and sweet puppies (I miss Ulysses so much!). The staff are very helpful- Ignacio and ladies, I am the visitor that asked about tattoo shops in Mendoza, I hope you remember me!! The breakfast buffet is delicious with fresh juices, meat and cheeses, made-to-order eggs, and homemade yogurt with toppings. Our room was comfortable and the bed felt like a cloud and I slept like a baby each night. I wish I had considered getting married here because it feels that dreamy.

We took a bike tour (Martin's Bikes was fantastic!) to visit a few wineries which I highly recommend. Please take the time to visit Carmello Patti winery- that was a highlight of my Argentina trip and one of the top experiences in my life! We only stayed in Mendoza for three nights which was not enough time. I would definitely come back to Lujan de Cuyo and spend 6 nights to visit more of the bodegas. I enjoyed learning about the wine-making process without it feeling pretentious and uppity like it can feel in Sonoma Valley or in the United States.

Date of stay: November 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
viviana28, Gerente at Villa Mansa Wine Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 1 March 2017

Of course we remember you! We loved the idea of you and your friends, about getting a tattoo as a souvenier of your stay in Mendoza!

Thanks for choosing us and for such nice review, and also for advising future guests on the best activities in the area.

Looking forward to host you again in your next trip.

Viviana De Marchi, General Manager