All reviews provide ear plugs start ringing an early riser location bells cathedral sleep downtown
Reviewed 25 October 2016

My only complaint and it is of no fault of the hotel is the very loud bells from the old church next door that start ringing at 6 am and ring every 15 minutes for almost an hour. No issue if you are an early riser but you can't sleep past 6 am at this hotel.

Stayed: October 2016, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Salvador M, Customer Service at Hotel La Plaza de Tequisquiapan, responded to this reviewResponded 28 October 2016

Thanks for sharing your opinion Albert. Some of our guests like the bell ring from the church next door and others dont. To minimize the issue we provide ear plugs for sleeping in every room.

Reviewed 31 October 2015

We stayed here over a weekend and enjoyed every minute of it. The hotel is located right on the plaza, right in the middle of everything Tequis has to offer.

These are not luxury rooms, but they are clean, functional, and comfortable. Check-in and check-out were easy. Parking is an issue (given the colonial nature of the town), but when we couldn't find the alternative parking lot the front desk dispatched a bellman right away to help us out (the alternative lot is about a block and a half up the road, but not marked as hotel property).

The Sunday morning breakfast is amazing - traditionally Mexican and everything you could want. It was all good - even the kids went back for seconds.

We'd stay there again on another trip to Tequis.

• Stayed: September 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 August 2015 via mobile

My family and I came for a simple getaway. For my wife to shop and my daughter and I to play in the pool. Expectations were met. Price was right. Location was on the plaza. Restaurants were good, not great.

Our largest issue was that roosters woke us up. Needless to say, an issue outside the control of the hotel.

Stayed: August 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 January 2015

There is no better location than this hotel

And I dont only mean the nice lobby that you can walk in from the very plaza. In a very congested downtown, where cars access is close to impossible, this hotel has its special street where 1 block before the Plaza you can enter directly into their parking lot. GPS took care for me.
On top of it, there is this little nice street just besides the hotel where some "italian style" restaurants are. Location as its best.

Rooms are just ok. Nothing impressive but enough for a good sleep.

Service is better than ok, again nothing impressive either but personnel is polite, especially the ones at the restaurants and bars

There's a very good Sunday breakfast buffet that we enjoyed (at very low prices) and at night we had dinner at the upstairs restaurant

I would stay again

Only complain: I was in room #15, and struggle all weekend to get wifi access

Room Tip: Ask for a room closer to lobby. There's better wifi coverage
  • Stayed: January 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 September 2014

To all outward appearances, this hotel fits our usual choice of a converted hacienda with pleasant outside seating areas. We just had cervezas on their front sidewalk cafe/bar and service was efficient and pleasant. Before leaving, we wandered around the facility for future reference.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple