See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 6 September 2015

Just come back from staying here for the second week of our holiday. For me this was very basic and I had to get into 'make do' mode. The staff could not have been more helpful and it is very close to town which is fabulous; however, the free Wi-Fi is intermittent and the further away from reception you are, the worse it gets. While we don't view this as a holiday essential, we needed to write emails occasionally and it was very patchy.
The pool is very clean and well looked after and was welcome at the end of a day out.
We used this as a base for travelling around - for goodness sake don't go expecting a 'hotel' because it is really a series of self catering villas. That said, eating out was very good value but not many restaurants can produce english menus nor do the locals speak anything but Spanish. Our fault for not speaking the language (we speak others) but we were surprised all the same. If you are english speaking, ask for Monica who has some english and was very helpful.
I want to give this a glowing review, but I just cannot. The beds were quite hard and the hills around abounded with fireworks or something that sounded like gunfire - randomly at all times. I was kept awake one night by the occasional rumble or crack of a firework. The windows have mosquito nets which is all you need to know about that, except that, while they adore me, I found the bites less troublesome than I have in other climes.( Usually I produce too much histamine and end up with massive bite sites) - so if you are like me you might like to know that this area maybe has different mosquitos! Still, they do bite!
Our villa had two bedrooms for the three of us and a small kitchen with cooker/microwave/kettle/utensils/gas hob and oven etc It was plenty big enough but nothing was really comfy. Our villa lacked a hair dryer although there was a slot ofr one. I am sure you could have asked for one - we happened to have our own.There is also a games room on site but no lounge facility that we found. Nothing to help you meet with other families.
It is definitely not set up for international travellers - Mexican families tend to go for weekend breaks which made it quieter in the week (except for the hillside raves!) and very full at the weekend!
Its proximity to town was its saving grace. The town is charming and friendly and we felt very safe. My daughter and I walked back alone one night and never felt under threat.
Like many places, if you try and engage with the locals, they cannot help you enough - that said, we won't be going back and it just does not have the level of comfort or thought in décor that would make it a must visit. I passed other hotels with little courtyards so it is possible. The fact that not one of my photos is of the pool or villa should give you an indication of its level of attractiveness.When you find yourself wondering what you would do to improve a place, it's time to quit!

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank greeneyedmezzosop
Reviewed 4 June 2015 via mobile

Stayed here with all the family and had one of the villas and one room in the hotel part. I can't comment on the hotel room but my brother and his son had no complaints. The villa was on the upper level and it was pretty basic but it was clean. It sleeps 6 but there are only 2 rooms. Two guest have to sleep on the sofa beds in the living area. These are not very comfortable. We managed two nights but a third one would have been too much.
We enjoyed sitting by the pool and having a swim. Chairs and tables in the garden are allocated to each villa but they have seen better days. They need replacing as some of the chairs were broken. The location is great with just a short walk to the town square. Staff are friendly and professional. Didn't eat here and you have a kitchenette in the villa with everything you need. Be aware that when you check in, they actually count all the items in the kitchen - cutlery, plates glasses, etc and make you sign for the items.
Not 5 star accommodation, but it was a good weekend and will definitely consider staying here again if back in the area.

Stayed: December 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 June 2013

My husband and I used to live in Tequisquiapan for 3 years. We've had family stay at the villas before, but had never stayed ourselves in the hotel portion. The property is in bad shape. It's very old and needs some major updating. The beds are rock hard and too small to comfortably fit a couple. It was relatively clean but very, very old. It hasn't been updated since probably the 1980's. Although the villas are nice and equipped the hotel portion doesn't even have phones in the room. It's very expensive for the quality. There isn't a restaurant on site. The internet was free but you only got service around the pool area. They don't have security boxes so every time we left our room we had to lock up our luggage.
We booked a room for two people and ended up in a room for four people. I'm not sure if this was the fault of booking.com or the hotel. We paid for the hotel the second to last day we were leaving. On the last day we were approached by a staff member and asked how many people were staying in our room. We stated two, he then told us we were paying for a room for four people. They would do nothing to refund the money overcharged for extra non-existent people. They said it was the fault of the company we booked with. They seemed indifferent to our situation and all they offered us a free nights stay, but we won't return ever again. Do yourself a favor and stay somewhere else that may be a bit more expensive, but in much better condition.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank gringaenmexico
Reviewed 28 May 2013

The hotel is nice but not fancy. Rooms are austere but very clean. We loved the two room suite for the price. Good place for families. Service courteous and obliging. No restaurant, only snacks, but eating out is great in Tequisquiapan and in the suite you do have a kitchen. Late check out allowed.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 March 2013

Everything was perfect with this hotel. Clean, courteous, conveniently located, and reasonably priced. Our only issue was the fact that the suite had no heater or heating system. We happened to hit a cold wave (26F one night!!) and the room was freezing.

Room Tip: choose one of the suites near the swimming pool area. these are the nice and quiet rooms. upstairs was very quiet and comfortable.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business