“Cute pub Superb food”

Cuisines: Pub
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 17 February 2018 via mobile

Welcoming and clean environment, very friendly staff and absolutely lovely food for a small pub. Best Cajun chicken I’ve ever had!

1  Thank igriff7

Reviewed 12 February 2018

This is our second visit within the last month. As on the last occasion I was impressed with the attentiveness of the bar and food staff who were excellent, both friendly and proficient in their tasks. The place was warm and cosy and a nice place to be on a cold February late afternoon. The food order was prepared without undue delay and served hot, tasty and well presented. We enjoyed our visit and will be back soon.

MelB714, Owner at The Crown Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 February 2018

Many thanks for your review. I am delighted that you enjoyed your visits to the Crown and pleased you enjoyed the food we offer along with our friendly and helpful staff, !
We look forward to seeing you on your next visit

Regards

Mel, Brian and the Team at the Crown.

Reviewed 11 February 2018 via mobile

We originally called into this pub on the way home for a tea/coffee and to use the toilets ! But the restaurant is just lovely, fairy lights and a lovely atmosphere so we decided to stop for a bite to eat and are we so pleased we did !!
My father had fish and chips and hubby and I had the roast dinner and all the trimmings, we have eaten in many different places even a top star restaurant in London (present from a friend) and it had nothing on this meal.
Food was hot, tasty and very pleasing to the eyes and the tastebuds! I would highly recommend this place, and even though I live around 25 miles away from this pub I would quite happily travel again for the food served here ❤️

Many thanks for your review - we're delighted that you so thoroughly enjoyed your meals with us.

It is music to our ears that you would highly recommend the Crown, and that you'll be coming back to see us - we'll look forward to welcoming you.

Kind regards

Mel, Brian and the Team at The Crown

Reviewed 10 February 2018 via mobile

Came across this pub for Sunday lunch on our way home. Lovely food, pleasant staff & friendly atmosphere.

1  Thank 2008-sl
Reviewed 25 January 2018 via mobile

This is becoming one of my favorite restaurants, the food is always fantastic. We came for a Christmas fayre menu on Christmas Eve. It was quiet but we understand that with it being Christmas eve and also a Sunday that not everyone will be wanting a roast when they're about to have a roast turkey dinner the following day! Everything about our meal was fantastic, everything was cooked perfectly and the tea and coffees and mince pice afterwards we're a nice surprise, seeing as we didn't know they were included in the price, (we heard the woman above complaining to the staff, she was just rude), does it matter if it's instant coffee if it's free? I mean it was 20 quid ahead for 4 courses?? and it sounds like this woman wanted the Ritz?? ... and I guess them having no ice was a slight downer but these things happen and it can't be helped.

Been 3 times in the new year and Everytime I've tried the monster mixed grill, I want to take it down but there's just so much meat it's physically impossible for me. Always cooked to perfection and great value for money and the staff are always great with us! Keep up the great work!!

1  Thank jcj9224