All reviewshuge bedfood ordergood sizenice roombreakfast was includedbed was very comfortablepuddingdressing tableone night staylovely mealtop flooran evening mealskomer islandthe pubbreakfast roomlittle gemwest wales
Reviewed 20 March 2018 via mobile

Staff were excellent nothing was a problem nice room huge bed all in all a good stay
Varied menu did not have to wait long
Good location overly the marina and close to town centre
Nice atmosphere very relaxed

Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
LordNelsonMH, General Manager at Lord Nelson, responded to this reviewResponded 25 March 2018

Thank you for taking time to leave a review for us and thank you for your kind comments.

Reviewed 13 March 2018

What a shame as this hotel is ideally situated and could be wonderful. The staff were very good but run off their feet. However, when we booked in bearing in mind we had pre booked a couple of weeks ago and had received correspondance from the hotel to pre welcome us, we were told there were no keys for our rooms. We were given two different explanations for this. This meant that whenever we left our rooms , we had to find staff and wait for them to finish what they were doing in order for us to be let back in. The staff did not complain though some thought we had just forgotten our keys. If this wasn't bad enough, when we were shown our rooms which were sea view rooms having paid extra for this, we discovered one was not a sea view unless you sat on the window sill so you could see sideways towards the sea.
We had at the time of booking the rooms, booked a table for a meal but they had no record of this. Fortunately this was not a problem as there was plenty of space. The first table we were offered had one person seated in a throughway between the bar/restaurant and kitchen so we asked to be moved, the second table was next to a radiator pumping out so much heat it was uncomfortable to sit there plus it was so dark we needed a torch to read the menu, so we were moved again. The food was not great, we had faggots wrapped in bacon. The bacon was cooked so long it was just a hard shell and was inedible. Then the deserts arrived, at least two of them, i was informed that there was no icecream which came with the churros I had ordered and did I want cream instead. I didn't really, but as my two companions sat with their hot deserts in front of them I didn't really want to hold them up any further by changing my choice and waiting for that to be prepared. Surely once the order was taken they would have known there was no icecream and offered me a different choice before the deserts were all prepared.
I have held off writing this as I wanted to speak to the manager first, I was told to ring on Monday as the manager was not there when we were booking out. I did, the manager was still not there but i was told if I left my phone number she would get back to me. Well she hasn't.
Advice to others, this is a nice hotel in a great location but don't accept 201 as a seaview room, and don't try to eat there when there is a rugby match on unless you enjoy loud drunks using bad language and singing very badly when you are trying to have a meal

Room Tip: 202 has a lovely sea view, 201 does not, don't pay extra for 201
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
LordNelsonMH, General Manager at Lord Nelson, responded to this reviewResponded 15 March 2018

Firstly I would like to thank you for taking the time to leave a review. I would also like to take the opportunity to apologise for the issues that you have mentioned during your stay. I am sorry that you did not receive a call from myself I did try several times but I can only presume that the number had been taken incorrectly on your departure. I am more than to discuss the problems you received with you if you would like to email me on lordnelson@sabrain.com or call me on 01646695341.

Reviewed 28 January 2018

A fabulous place to stay, beautiful room, great service, nothing too much trouble.
Very nice seating area away from the bar, free wifi. few staff but they worked incredibly hard and were very efficient.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank repstay235
LordNelsonMH, Manager at Lord Nelson, responded to this reviewResponded 3 February 2018

Thank you for taking time to leave a review and thank you for your lovely comments we look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Reviewed 22 January 2018 via mobile

Never heard of the Lord Nelson before! Walked past and randomly went in for some lunch with my 2 kids. Food was really good with so much choice. Lunchtime set menus of 1,2 or 3 courses for a decent price and with a good selection of food on. Kids menu was good. Food was good and service was spot on! 'Bobby'was really chatty and welcoming..overall really happy! Looking forward to going back again.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled solo
1  Thank Scenic750890
LordNelsonMH, Manager at Lord Nelson, responded to this reviewResponded 24 January 2018

Thank you for your lovely comments I will be sure to let Bobby know as well.

Reviewed 17 January 2018

Called in for the first time for a drink but saw the various adverts saying that Tuesday was 25% off grill night. We also discovered from the bar staff that in January there was a 30% off total bill offer. Decided to eat after having already bought a drink. Ordered from the evening menu where two courses were a certain price and three courses cost slightly more. I was under the impression that the 30% off offer would also be applied based on my understanding of what I had been told. Fair play to Brains brewery they seem to have something going on here that looks too good to be true. Ordered more drinks as part of the food order as I was told these would then be part of the 30 % off offer. I was then given the bill which seemed to be pretty much the same as if I had ordered everything in the normal way without offers. Then I was told to that the evening 2 course and 3 courses menu was already an offer which cannot be used in conjunction with other offers but I had apparently had £9 knocked off something or other. Ok, I give up, l didn't understand any of it even after the bar staff gave an explanation of their understanding. I'm not a novice at using a restaurant facility but Brains brewery have come up with something here the like of which I've never experienced before.
Conclusions.... bar staff tried to be very helpful and did her best to unravel the mysteries of all this offer mumbo jumbo. Brains brewery should decide what the minimum profit margin that is acceptable to them on food orders in January and just price food accordingly so that everyone understands the price of the food. What was the food like..... pretty ordinary fare...... what was the bar/restaurant surroundings like.....clean and spacious........ what were the bar/waiting staff like....... well meaning and tried hard. Will I return to make future use of various offers..... no.
Who am I being critical of...... Brains marketing department... just to make it crystal clear.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Paul T

Thank you for taking time to leave a comment I will ensure that I pass your comments onto our marketing department at SA Brains.