All reviews new owners scallop starter wester ross dining room bar menu warm welcome jacuzzi bath breakfast choices fine dining scottish gins fish pie great food overlooking the sea great stop excellent restaurant portion size comfortable lounge
Reviewed 26 September 2017 via mobile

This hotel is a gem - simple and stylish in the most beautiful location. The rooms are traditional yet chic. The food on offer is amazing local, quality produce. The menu is limited but by far made up for with quality. Offers fine dining experience in the restaurant as well as cosy bistro meals in the Convoy tavern. Most importantly, the ambiance created, especially in the evenings, is reminiscent of a classy house party - warm, inviting with attentive service - looking forward to a perfectly concocted Old Fashioned on our next trip to Wester Ross!

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 September 2017 via mobile

We have now been to this restaurant 8 times during our visits to Wester Ross and I cannot fault the food at all it is superb ,these guys rally know their craft and deserve all the awards they can get.
Hope to be back next year to see you again

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 September 2017

What a lovely place to stay, views were amazing, staff were really friendly and breakfast was ace! plus the lady who served us at breakfast was perfect with everything, wished I had asked her name to enable her to read this, what an asset to the hotel she is!

Stayed: August 2017
Reviewed 6 September 2017 via mobile

We.arrived looking for a drink but also to check out the dining in the bistro and restaurant.
Nice welcome and good range of local gins.
Really nice atmosphere, beautifully appointed bar area and bistro clearly popular and the hotel part was extremely masterfully done with a really thoughfully done restaurant with Windows onto the water. Both menus, bistro and the fine dining in the restaurant were v tempting and clearly a lot of thought had gone into then.
So why the hero to zero moment...
I went to order more drinks and book a table in the restaurant for another night deciding it was time my ten year  old began to educate his palate and join his parents in their life long love of dining.
In a not busy bar (one man sat already served and myself ready to be served) a diner from the bistro came over to add dips to his food order.
He was served first despite clearly being the later arrival but at least I got an acknowledgment of I'll be with you in a moment.

Diner departing order made I sat expectantly smiling however the waitress brought through another European trio who wanted to make a dining reservation but were unsure whether to make it in bistro or bar.

They again took precedence, for a discussion of pros and cons while I sat, and sat.
No second acknowledgment, or casual apologetic head nod.
Ignore the customer once shame on you, ignore the customer twice shame on me.

I returned to my table, we left  with regret.

So we would have stayed for at least another two rounds of drinks, booked the restaurant  for another night and then been back another time for the bistro especially as being locally situated with friends here.
But clearly the visitors from outside the uk took precedence or the fact that it is popular already means they can be more complacent and choose to alienate a few.
All very sad and avoidable especially as I really loved the place until then.
I would have said something before we left but was too sad to risk being blanked a third time.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
7  Thank Alison B
Reviewed 5 September 2017

I have just left the place. As others have said, there is no other place to eat locally.
It really needs an update. I was sat in the bucket chairs next to the coffee machine in the bar area and staff walking by made the floor bounce.
I ordered fish and chips, £14.50, I kid you not, as someone mentioned before, a very small egg cup type pot of mushy peas. The fish wasn't any species I could recognise.
When I complained about the price the lad behind the bar justified the price by saying the chips weren't frozen. Lol. The staff other than that were very good.
A smelly dark and strange place that in the right hands could be a winner.
On my "to miss" list, if I'm ever in the area again.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple