All reviews large hotel thorpe park buffet style staff on reception a lovely stay chapel maze
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

My boyfriend and I stayed over the waster weekend. And yes like all the other reviews long check in , dinner arrangements in orgainsed but what do you expect for the price . We are laid back travellers so the long check didn't bother us , nor did the wait for food . We had a great laugh with the bar staff and waiters. Lucky we got a deal for 3 courses dinner and breakfast , because the food isn't worth the London prices it charges . Unfortuneltly the room was in the White House but wasn't a newly refurbished one . I'd ask for a newly refurbished room if staying again if staying again . Senior management need to sort some things out , because the young team looked like they was trying their best bless them !

Date of stay: April 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank Lauren Francesc... G
BeaumontHotel, General Manager at De Vere Beaumont Estate, responded to this reviewResponded 12 April 2018

Dear Lauren,

Thank you for your review on Tripadvisor.

I am happy that queue to check in or wait the short wait for the food didn't spoil your stay or bother you, during the Easter weekend the property was fully booked and there can be a short wait while checking especially during peak check in times.

I greatly appreciate your comments about aspects of the room that need updating. It is a pleasure to announce that we are currently implementing many of these upgrades to the property at the moment.

I have made a note of your comments and thank you for sending them to me as it is only by receiving this feedback that we are able to improve further.

I hope you will come back and visit us again soon.

Reviewed 5 April 2018 via mobile

READ TO THE END!!!! ESP if booking a family trip!!!!

Booked a night through the hotel, and a night through the Legoland holidays, they messed up linking the bookings and expected us to move rooms, as I’m travelling solo with my 5yr old, I had to stand my ground and say that wouldn’t be happening!!!!

Key card failed several times - it’s quite a hike to reception from parts of the building, especially with a young one on tow.

Pre-auth of card didn’t work for the duration, caused lots of confusion and a pain at check-out.

Not geared up for child friendly dining, but OK if you like the ship-them in, ship-them out approach of expensive buffets for your evening meal!!!
Don’t do ANY kids food in the bar, one mass catering buffet restaurant (£20 per adult!!!), or another which you probably should book. Won’t do room service in the ‘Family’ end of the Hotel as too far from the restaurant (so they told an upset mum in reception), the website makes it seem family friendly, as does Legoland partner schemes - but it’s quite stressful getting kids fed!!!
Food was OK though, but limited choice for all considering the size of the place!!!

Pool was fine, changing rooms poorly equipped and hardly any working lockers

Tried to check-out night before home, We were the only people (me and my son!!) at reception and it still took 30mins cod of so many errors in our bill!! (It was only a £30 total across 2 days, FFS!!!)

Then, final straw.......lying in bed, lights off, son asleep, 10:30pm and a bloke opens our door and walks in....doesn’t say who he is, asks if it’s my room, and am I staying the night....?!!! OMG, scared the cr@p out of me!! I had to ask who he was, and he said housekeeping.....he left, I bolted the door and rang reception as I couldn’t believe housekeeping would walk in (EVER) and certainly not at that time of night!!! Reception said they were confused if the room was occupied cos they had a spare key card....Seriously, SERIOUSLY!!!! They only gave me one!!!!

I’m really mild mannered, but enough is enough!!! Such a shame, lovely clean hotel, well equipped and comfortable room, nice grounds, facilities ok (swim, grounds etc), staff are even reasonably friendly....but this place lets itself down by its exceptionally poor running and standards of customer care.

De Vere......really? Shameful

Trip type: Travelled with family
4  Thank Emsie_W

Dear Emsie_W,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on Tripadvisor.

I would like to investigate your comments further, please could you drop a line to our Guest Relations team at Beaumont.guestrelations@devere,com in order for me to investigate further,

I look forward to hearing from you.

Reviewed 5 April 2018

I'm writing this whilst sat at the bar and a couple of minutes after reading the mostly bad reviews. I wonder whether this hotel just suffers because it's a mid-range hotel masquerading as a premium one. There's some pretty lofty expectations set when you drive up to the estate, even more so when you walk into reception and more still when you check in (as we did) to one of the new rooms in block 2. There's some irritations echoed by most of bad reviews on here like the buffet breakfast being a bit chaotic and the swimming pool has seen better days but I kept having to remind myself that I paid less to stay here than I do most weekdays at a Premier Inn. The bar is a beautiful thing, loads of charm and a great place to spend the last hours of the day, not a huge fan of queuing for a drink and didn't seem any reason why someone couldn't have taken drink orders at the table apart from the fact I wasn't paying for table service and that's the issue, you get tricked into thinking you should expect it because of the surroundings. Location is great for all your Windsor based stuff plus plenty of space to run around and get lost when you're back from a day out, staff were chatty and friendly and interiors are clean and fresh. For the price I reckon this is a decent bit of value, Trip Advisor's middle-class surbubia should probably get their wallets out if they don't want to share their hotel with a wedding on a weekend AND get their vegan breakfasts made to order every morning. Well done Team, see you soon I hope.

3  Thank GHorsfall

Dear GHorsfall,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on Tripadvisor and thank you a for a good score.

I am happy that you find us great value for money compared with other hotels in the market and that you enjoy our bar area.

I will pass on your thanks to our team and we look forward to welcoming you back to De Vere Beaumont Estate soon.

Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

Just been to stay here with my family for a LEGOLAND break. The hotel is huge and grounds are beautiful just a shame for us cos it’s been the wettest weekend so didn’t get to go and explore them.
The hotel is huge and the room was lovely decorated and very modern, we had breakfast included which ticked all the boxes for a buffet style restaurant. The rooms were immaculate and the pool was area was very clean with the smell of chlorine.
Over all a lovely hotel and would stay again.

Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Vicky P

Dear Vicky,

Thank you for your review and you lovely comments about our grounds and hotel.

Hopefully during your next visit it will be sunny can you can explore our beautiful grounds!

I am delighted you had a great stay and I look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel soon.

Reviewed 4 April 2018

We stayed there for one night on Good Friday and I was so pleasantly surprise, they had plenty of activities for my kids (3 and 4). There is a swimming pool, with a changing room and showers (water was a bit cold though so showered them in room). We had dinner at the buffet, which was £20 a head food only, kids, the food was ok if you're not vegetarian, but not that many veggie options. The next day there were quite a few activities for the kids, a colouring station for a colouring competition, an Easter Egg hunt, face painting and a showing of Moana with cookies and milk on offer. The grounds are lovely and the staff were very friendly. I would go again next Easter, they do activities for kids in Easter and Halloween. They need more staff in the restaurant however.

Date of stay: March 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family

Dear Deena,

I am happy that your children had chance to participate in the activities on offer over the Easter period.

Thank you for your nice comments about our friendly staff I will pass on this feedback to our team.

I have noted your comments with regards to staffing levels in the restaurant and have forwarded this feedback onto our F&B Manager for review.

I look forward to welcoming you back to De Vere Beaumont Estate in the near future.