Having read the previous reviews of this hotel I think they must have stayed somewhere else. This is a perfectly nice hotel with very friendly staff. The room I stayed in was lovely and it’s got a nicely appointed gym with a sauna and a swimming pool. The room rate was also very reasonable.
On the other hand the prices charged for food and drink is alarmingly high. They wanted £20 for breakfast and as all I normally eat is a bowl of cereal I figured that I would give it a miss. The worst thing about this hotel is the seemingly random system that they use to number the rooms. Rooms 400 to 438 are on the second floor in block A and rooms 439 to 460 are on the second floor in block B. The problem is that you don’t find that out until after you have spent several minutes wandering around the second floor of the wrong block saying hello to people who are wandering around just as lost as you are. It doesn’t help that the decor everywhere is exactly the same. Trying to find my room reminded me very much of a the film The Cube
I would recommend staying there. The food is OK too but be ready for a big bill.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- In picturesque Windsor, lies the historic and unique Beaumont Estate: an inspirational estate offering a luxurious family hotel, a stunning wedding location, along with being a leading conference venue, all set in spectacular and extensive grounds with 414 bedrooms. Our leisure facilities include an indoor swimming pool and gym, along with squash and tennis courts open to all of our guests aged 2-12. During the holidays, The Beaumont Bears Club offers a wide range of facilities ideal for helping to keep the kids entertained; a movie room, indoor activity room, outdoor adventure play area, and much more. The Restaurant offers an extensive buffet or A La Carte Menu and we also have the Tempus Bar & Grill which is open daily from 12pm offering a more casual dining experience. Located just 3 miles from Windsor Castle with Wentworth, Legoland, Thorpe Park and Ascot all under 15 minutes away. The M25, M4 and M3 motorways are within easy reach, London can be accessed by train within 20 minutes with the nearest train station is 5 minutes away. Heathrow Airport is only 15 minutes away by car, Gatwick Airport can also reached within 40 minutes. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, LateRooms, Agoda, Priceline, Odigeo, Wotif.com, Hotels.com, Expedia APAC, lastminute.com.au, TripOnline SA, Hooroo Pty Ltd, HotelsClick, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your De Vere Beaumont Estate reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Beaumont House Hotel Old Windsor
- Beaumont Hotel Old Windsor
- Beaumont House Windsor