“Chilled Breakfast”

Cuisines: Contemporary, British, Bar, Cafe
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

Fantastic food, great service by the friendly staff and dog friendly too.
The Diner Breakfast was delicious.

OttoLounge, General Manager at Otto Lounge, responded to this reviewResponded 12 April 2018

Hi Steve A and thanks for the short and sweet review!
I'm a big fan of the diner brunch myself and am really pleased its back on the menu!
next time your in please do say hello.
Ryan
Otto lounge

Reviewed 31 March 2018

We go here quite a lot as my daughter is vegan so the menu they have is brilliant.

The food is always good.

We went for Tapas Tuesday 27 March, and I wanted to leave a review as the staff that night really were excellent. They did seem a bit understaffed and a chef came out of the kitchen to apologise for lack of sweet potato fries, but she was so lovely, we didn't really care. If they could sort the service out to match the food this place could be brilliant.

I did go for brunch one Sunday and it was full of families and lots of prams which isn't really my scene any more so we opted for the quiet of another coffee bar nearby!

1  Thank CLB1968

hello CLB1968 and thank you for your review.
its always good to see when our vegan menu is well received as we love that everyone from every dietary background can enjoy a nice meal. great to see that our chef was lovely too. ive passed on your kind words and she was made up!
Ryan
Otto Lounge

Reviewed 12 March 2018 via mobile

Went for breakfast today, what a palaver! Understaffed as always. Last few times I’ve been the staff are ran off their feet. Why they don’t get more in of a weekend for breakfast especially today which is Mother’s Day. The girl who was working this morning needs to learn some social skills. She was the most miserable person I’ve ever come across. Could hardly hear what she was saying as it was as if even just talking was a pain for her. She didn’t smile once! Absolutely bizzare. We took our friends who’d come to visit from Swansea and we’d raved about breakfast so we went looking forward to a tasty meal. I class myself as a regular here and I always recommend it to people for food.
There was a 45 minute wait which we didn’t mind as it was so busy and we expected that. I ordered ‘lounge eggs’ with smoked salmon. When it came not only was it cold and the sauce was dried up as if it had been sitting for a while, the ‘smoked salmon’ was hot smoked salmon. Minced! Like what you get in a tin! It was foul to taste and was half luke warm half cold. I was reluctant to complain as the wait had been so long but I was so upset and disappointed. It was so disgusting I couldn’t even have a second mouthful so I sent it back. Fair enough they swapped it for a full English and brought that out quite quick but there was no apology, explanation or anything. The young boy who had to sort it was really sweet though. When I looked at the menu I realised this salmon must be the minced salmon they use for the fish cakes or something. I still feel nauseous thinking about it. It’s put me off eggs royal for life such a shame and I can’t believe no one even said when I ordered that they were out of fresh smoked salmon.
Drinks were ridiculous also, we waited 40 mins for a pot of tea and an iced coffee.
I think the owner of this place has lost the love because when the lounges first came they were fab but that one in Heswall has lost all its wonderful staff and it’s not welcoming anymore. Miserable faces everywhere and bad food! Such a disappointment. Won’t be going back!

OttoLounge, General Manager at Otto Lounge, responded to this reviewResponded 18 March 2018

good evening jenin6 and thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. we welcome both good and bad comments as they all help us to learn and grow as a business.
its a real shame to see that your experience with us wasn't a good one as we have high standards we aim to achieve every day.
unfortunately due to circumstances out of our control we were short staffed and so did have a tougher day than usual but everyone of the team didn't stop and put in a huge shift to make the day run as smoothly as possible.
its a shame that you've been put off by the one bad experience after being a regular with us and knowing how good we normally are each time you've visited before.
you should of been informed about the fact we had run out of salmon and for that i can only say sorry for the lack of communication you received but am grateful to see that a replacement meal was made available to you quickly and was resolved well by one of the team.
i can promise you that both myself, the team and the owners are all very proud of both loungers and Otto lounge itself and have nothing but love and passion for the place.
I'd love for you to try us again one time to see just how good we are and that your experience with us that Sunday was just a one off.
Kind regards
Ryan Hamilton

Reviewed 12 March 2018

The staff were friendly enough and the food we got served was very decent.

However it was a busy Sunday lunch time and the organisation just doesn’t feel to be there. Lots of people serving food and drinks to the tables but one guy on the bar where you place your order...and, if somebody orders a milkshake or special cold drink (e.g sherbet lemonade) he pulls these together ( it can be quite laborious) as part of the order whilst a queue builds up. I waited about 15 minutes to place my order and was then informed there was a 30 minutes wait for food. Surely they could save themselves a lot of pain by having somebody take orders at the tables or have somebody else make up the complex drinks rather than it be part of the order process.

Food made up for a frustrating order process.

hello MikeChorley and thank you for your review.
unfortunately due to circumstances we were a little short staffed that sunday and so did have a bit of a delay on for which i do apologize. we don't take orders at the tables as this would stretch staff to much and leave us short in other areas. on a usual shift we would have another staff member making drinks as the orders are taken but as i say we were short that day.
im glad that the food you received and the service from the team was good though and would love for you to come try us again and see how good we are.
Ryan Hamilton

Reviewed 12 March 2018 via mobile

This is a fav place of mine as it’s easy for me to access as I’ve got a blue badge and there’s no step to get in
The food is always tasty and hot and the staff professional

1  Thank GwladysStreetWirral

good evening GwladysStreetWirral and thanks for the review.
Its great to see that you rate us so highly and that our staff are always good with you. we welcome people from every walk of life regardless of gender, race, ability or creed so im glad you feel so welcome.
Ryan hamilton