“Nice surprise ”

The Orchard at Vanstone Park Garden Centre
Ranked #4 of 9 Restaurants in Codicote
Cuisines: British
Reviewed 31 March 2018 via mobile

Wanted a light snacks in the area and found this cafe, friendly staff even though it was busy had sandwiches, soup jacket potatoes and scones between us all very nicely presented and tasty.

2  Thank petercQ13RO

Reviewed 25 March 2018

I'd read on the website about the Orchard taking over this cafe and was eager to see what improvements had been made. I was disappointed - the train table had disappeared to be replaced with a smaller area with broken plastic toys. The food was in small portions and nothing out of the ordinary - same old garden centre offerings. I was hopeful that the children's menu would have improved and although there was more to choose from there were still poor quality drinks on offer - nothing low sugar. The sausages didn't look cooked properly to me and the chips were not good - mostly burnt and unappetising for a small person.
Our first pot of tea was 'cold' and the second scalding - the soup was tasty, but a very small luke warm bowl. The cake offerings looked good, but my scone was doughy and the coffee/walnut cake was dry.
Toilets which are 'outside' were ok and there is an accessible one. All the staff were efficient and some nice and friendly.
So although I shall go to Vanstones again, I won't make a beeline for the cafe. Sorry.

1  Thank GerbilQueen
Reviewed 6 March 2018

The Orchard at Vanstone park opened on 2nd October 2017 and is run by the same people that run” The Orchard Fairfield Park” and is a great improvement over the previous café in Vanstone Park.

There was a good selection of, sensible priced (£2.50 a slice), cakes plus some lovely muffins at £2. Cake and coffee were good and service excellent. Babyccino served far too hot – had to add cold milk to make it drinkable and then had to use a straw as the cup was too hot for even me to hold.

From the nice looking food we saw being delivered to other tables looked I think I may return and try breakfast here (free hot drink with all breakfasts ordered before 10:30).

1  Thank Andrew081
Reviewed 15 February 2018

We usually go to the garden cafe down the road at Wyedale but thought we would have a change. Our friends had fish and chips. Both looked like child portions and were not worth the money. My wife had scampi again small portion and i had meat pie veg and mash. The veg was a joke as only 4 small pieces of cauliflower were served and a piece of carrot about 4 inches long chopped into slices and a pot of gravy was served. The owners must realise that this is a garden centre and not an up market resturant.In future we will be going back down the road to eat where they give value and good portions.

Reviewed 12 February 2018

Very pleased to discover that Vanstone's has handed over their cafe to The Orchard.

The staff are friendly and very keen to ask for feedback both positive and negative AND after a few visits we can see they are taking notice of the feedback and implementing suggestions.

Care is taken over the food. If you've a query the counter staff are willing to go back and forth to check with the chef - even multiple times.

So whether you want to go for breakfast, lunch or tea - leave room for their cakes.

1  Thank B_Teddy