“Lovely Indian food”

Ranked #3 of 9 Restaurants in Codicote
Price range: USD 9 - USD 19
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Reservations
Description: The taste of India. Great food, great service and a friendly welcome guaranteed. We also received Five Star on Food Hygiene.
Reviewed 6 April 2016

Lovely Indian food, great service and reasonable prices in the little village of Codicote. Well worth a visit.

Date of visit: March 2016
1  Thank Dan A

Reviewed 25 March 2016

Feeling lazy and the Asian takeaway wasn't answering the phone so we decided to ring Codicote Spice. My wife is not a curry lover but I am and have visited the restaurant several times in the past and been well satisfied. This time I had chicken rojothi - well, I thought I ordered chicken, but it turned out to be lamb. The sauce was delicious, but I am not a lover of lamb. Garlic naan, Shogbji Bahar and Special Fried Rice all of which were excellent, special mention for the naan which arrived well insulated and piping hot.. My wife had chicken Badami Passanda and Vegetable Fried Rice which she enjoyed. All in all a very delicious meal which suited both of us. Just as well that the other establishment didn't answer the phone! Fairly quick delivery as well.

Date of visit: March 2016
Reviewed 21 February 2016

We received their menu in the post recently so we decided to give them a try despite some indiffient reviews.

We decided to eat at home so I phoned them up to order a take away. They told me up front that they were busy and delivery will be over 1 hour, collection will be 20 minutes so we decided to collect.

The restaurant is not that big but it is nicely decorated. Although it is a restaurant, they seem to be busier as a take away with lots of telephone orders whist we were there. That is always a good sign, but it was Saturaday just after 7pm so you would expect them to be busy.

The food is nice. We all enjoyed it. The price is average (compariable with other local Indian restaurants). With their take away menu they do offer £5 off for deloverys with a min £20 spend or 15% for collection. Whist their main dishes are averaged priced, sundries were slightly more expensive (e.g. papadom is 70p each when they are normally 50p each, pilau rice is £2.50 when norm is £2 or £2.25) so it quickly offsets against the discount offered.

Although it is a small restaurant, it had quite a few waiters and they were very friendly.

We enjoyed the food and we would definately order from them again.

Date of visit: February 2016
1  Thank AndrewFromEngland
Reviewed 18 January 2016

I went to for takeaway, a large group, all orders sorted quickly and the food was all good, will go back, no issues at all.

Date of visit: December 2015
Reviewed 28 December 2015

Great food at a reasonable price ,friendly staff who can't do enough for you, clean respectable restaurant ,

Date of visit: December 2015