“excellent service and first class food”
Review of Three

Three
Description: We are a small privately owned Licensed Restaurant overlooking Morecambe Bay, serving Fresh Local Produce in Pleasant Informal Surroundings
Reviewed 27 April 2017

On a quiet evening in the restaurant we were looked after superb. A nice warm and friendly atmosphere even on a quiet night. The food was presented very well in fact the whole experience was a perfect night for both of us. Without doubt this will become a regular eating place in the future. My pate was excellent and the Veal from the special board was perfect. Very well worth a visit. 1st class

Reviewed 18 April 2017

Three isn't a place you need to dress up for, but you are made welcome and comfortable from the moment you walk through the door. It's a Family restaurant in more ways than one, first of all it's run by a husband and wife team Garry & Natie but Nattie who runs the kitchen isn't just a keen amateur she's a trained {at the top level} Chef, "worked in the best Hotels" and you see that from not just what's on the plate but how the food is presented on the plate.

The mussel starter was excellent, the sauce the mussels were cooked in did make the dish something special.

After that delicious appetiser I went for the T bone, {medium-well}, seems that everyone has their own idea of what medium well is. I've asked dozens of times in restaurants for medium well only to have more blood splatters on my plate that CSI could cope with, or a steak so overdone they would serve better purpose on the sole of a shoe.

Not here though, the T bone was cooked exactly how I like it, in fact it was perfect, maybe that's simply down to Nattie's understanding of medium-well being in line with mine, but you can't say that for all Chef's, if they think meat should be under cooked that's what you'll get, to each his own I guess.

It wasn't just the look of the T bone though, the meat was tender and tasty, and with the side of dauphinoise potato's it went down well.

My wife had the grilled Sea Bass, one of her favourite dishes, she said it was one of the best she's had, a decent fillet of fish and very nicely presented.

We both ordered the Titamisu, obviously home made, nicely chilled and as nice and any we have ever had.

All in all if it's glitz and glitter you're looking for try Miller & Carter in Poulton, {read what I had to say about them}, but if it's the quality of the food, the presentation on the plate and the warm welcome you'll get at Three you've found the right place.

We'll be going again, it's a TEN !!!

1  Thank Canada B
Reviewed 15 April 2017 via mobile

my husband and i called in for a meal at this restaurant it was absolutely fantastic. the fòod,staff and ambience was first class. would definately recommend this place to anyone.

Reviewed 12 April 2017 via mobile

On the 1.4.17 my husband and I traveled up from Yorkshire for the night and to spend some quality time with his mum and to treat her to a belated mothers day meal. My mother in law had suggested Three for us all to eat for our evening meal. We are very pleased she did suggest Three. This place is a very cosy, warm welcoming restaurant. The staff were all very polite, happy, friendly and welcoming. The atmosphere and cleanliness were fantastic and the service we received was excellent.

Food: The food was amazing. It was none of that frozen out of the freezer rubbish. It was in fact all fresh and cooked beautifully and the quality of it was amazing. Both my husband and mother in law had the seabass, they both said how fresh, tasty and delicious it was and that it had been cooked to perfection. Myself on the other hand had the 7oz fillet steak deal which they had on for that weekend. I got the 7oz fillet steak with chips for only £10. My steak was also fresh, tasty, delicious, cooked to perfection and cooked to exactly how I like it. It was infact the best steak I've ever had. Thank you. :-)

Reviewed 10 April 2017 via mobile

Lovely food at a very reasonable price. I'd recommend it to others. Staff very friendly and restaurant nice and warm