“Lovely night out”

Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

It was my first time at China red and after hearing mixed reviews, I wasn’t sure how it would go down. However, I was pleasantly surprised. A group of 8 of us throughly enjoyed the set menu. All dishes came out with good time, and all tasted lovely. There was a good selection of main courses too. The only let downs were that the soup was barely warm, and the staff weren’t very approachable or friendly. On the whole though it was a night enjoyed by everyone.

1  Thank Emy M

Reviewed 5 March 2018 via mobile

Came here on a late Sunday evening, we paid £14.50 per person for the 3 course buffet. The starter was great, great selection of starters and plenty to go around, we then had duck which was was how you’d expect, fairly nice. The main let down were the mains, the chicken tasted so cheap and rubbery, a massive let down, I had the chicken stir fry and boiled rice. Wouldn’t recommend tasted very cheap and not very authentic. A friend had the chicken curry; the curry represented chip shop curry, was also very watery. The sweet and sour chicken although was nice, it was ok but would not jump at the opportunity to return, the mains let it down massively.

Reviewed 4 March 2018 via mobile

Very good service and food as per normal,never had a bad meal or service.looking forward to our next visit.

Reviewed 29 January 2018 via mobile

Great service-pleasant, polite and always someone there if you want anything else. Tasty dishes but not big portions. Will go again on all you can eat night. Really love the pond with koi carp.

Reviewed 21 January 2018

Organised a night out here for a birthday party of 15. Staff were very friendly and helpful. We had the Saturday night banquet. Starters were very tasty and plenty of them for everyone. Next was soup which you choose from the menu beforehand. I had hot & sour which was OK but for me it was quite a small portion and a little weak. A couple of guests received cold soup, but the waiter quickly took them away and replaced them. We asked for some jugs of water and glasses, which were quickly brought to the table for no extra charge. The Crispy duck was next, which for my taste was not crispy enough, and had been completely shredded with chunks of fatty bits all mixed in. I'd have preferred if they had done this by hand as most chinese restaurants do. Finally we had the full range of the main courses. Every course was well cooked and delicious. This is the part of the meal where you can order as much as you want. Not a morsel of food was left and everyone was full. We had 2 vegeterians in our group who were well catered for choosing from their own menu.
This is my 2nd visit here on a Saturday night, and my only real complaint is on both occassions we had a larger party of guests who were really enjoying themselves, but the noise can make it hard to relax and chat with your own guests !
So if you prefer a quiet night, make it a different night of the week.