“Excellent food and friendly service”
Review of Willow Gifts and Tea Room - CLOSED

Willow Gifts and Tea Room
Price range: USD 5 - USD 10
Cuisines: Cafe
Reviewed 5 November 2014

My husband and I take our 15 month old granddaughter to the Tinderbox (formerly the Willow Gifts and Tearoom), and are always made to feel welcome. The home-cooked food that we select, e.g. Toasted sandwiches, soup or burgers are all of first class quality, and there is a small selection of meals for children. Prices are reasonable.
The staff are friendly and efficient, always taking care to place hot drinks out of our granddaughter's reach. Could I suggest that a more secure highchair would be appreciated to contain a lively toddler?
We will continue to visit the Tinderbox for its good food, helpful staff and pleasant surroundings.

1  Thank Judith R

Reviewed 2 November 2014

Called in on a Saturday morning for a coffee. But after checking the menu ordered a full English breakfast. It was excellent, the service was very good and the staff very pleasant. The quality of the food was really top class, we shall be calling in again soon

Reviewed 4 October 2014

I am afraid I must be a bit weird as I see completely where this shop/cafe is coming from and wishing to provide. I dont agree it is overpriced and indeed the margins are not high enough and the prices should be higher in my opinion for its survival. Craft type shops and tearooms go back a long way and the ambience of the whole place is enchanting as its name. OK the service isnt the fastest but sometimes fast is furious and uncomfortable. The food is carefully and wonderfully presented and the quality excells despite the simplicity of the menu. I went in firstly and enjoyed but the second time was disappointed as it was full. The third occasion left me greatly pleased with such simplistic high quality yet again. I am proud of the Tinderbox and hope that others find it as good as I do in my home town which boasts many good eating places. It was a shame that The Tinderbox book was not in the shop part so I purchased afterwards elsewhere having had a taste of good food and intrigue.

Reviewed 26 September 2014

Called in here after the venue we were going to was shut. Only had a soup and some pate for my wife, but it was reasonably priced and of good quality. Staff were friendly and efficient, and the lunch most enjoyable. Good portions too. We shall be returning !. Keep up the good standard.

Dr Malc

Reviewed 7 September 2014

We enjoyed a lovely coffee in Tinderbox. The atmosphere with all the quaint furniture and the fairy lights was lovely. The staff were friendly and the service was excellent. A great visit, we will be returning.