“Exquisite”

Willow Gifts and Tea Room
Price range: USD 5 - USD 10
Cuisines: Cafe
Reviewed 4 October 2014

I am afraid I must be a bit weird as I see completely where this shop/cafe is coming from and wishing to provide. I dont agree it is overpriced and indeed the margins are not high enough and the prices should be higher in my opinion for its survival. Craft type shops and tearooms go back a long way and the ambience of the whole place is enchanting as its name. OK the service isnt the fastest but sometimes fast is furious and uncomfortable. The food is carefully and wonderfully presented and the quality excells despite the simplicity of the menu. I went in firstly and enjoyed but the second time was disappointed as it was full. The third occasion left me greatly pleased with such simplistic high quality yet again. I am proud of the Tinderbox and hope that others find it as good as I do in my home town which boasts many good eating places. It was a shame that The Tinderbox book was not in the shop part so I purchased afterwards elsewhere having had a taste of good food and intrigue.

Reviewed 26 September 2014

Called in here after the venue we were going to was shut. Only had a soup and some pate for my wife, but it was reasonably priced and of good quality. Staff were friendly and efficient, and the lunch most enjoyable. Good portions too. We shall be returning !. Keep up the good standard.

Dr Malc

Reviewed 7 September 2014

We enjoyed a lovely coffee in Tinderbox. The atmosphere with all the quaint furniture and the fairy lights was lovely. The staff were friendly and the service was excellent. A great visit, we will be returning.

Reviewed 10 June 2014

Since my last review on the 27th, February, 2014 I have frequented Tinderbox at least twice a week and sometimes more, the reason is the fantastic food, be it the homemade toast with lashings of butter and a choice of preserves, the Scotch Pancakes are a delight especially with
maple syrup,

Adam, "The Head Chef" is a fantastic cook and since Tinderbox first opened I've been able to sample some of his fantastic homemade cakes
and sponges.

Poulton has been crying out for a cafe like Tinderbox and long may it continue.

Reviewed 6 June 2014

Great coffee shop; urban design and excellent sandwiches and drinks (can't understand how any can query the quality of the coffee which is 1st class); wish them all the best

1  Thank MikeB_9