All reviews sea view decked area the ground floor main meal full english fish and chips tea and coffee cottage landlady fridge folkestone hosts france anita tunnel cereal shampoo
Reviewed 23 October 2016

We were a party of 9 and were given a private room as the restaurant was full. The welcome and service was very good. The have their own micro-brewery as well as several other beers and a nice wine list. The food was very good and the owner came in to thank us for choosing his pub. Altogether we had a very enjoyable evening.

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 20 September 2016 via mobile

A great little place and location if you want an overnight stop before catching an early ferry or euro tunnel. Great food too. No private parking is the downside but easy enough to stop on the road outside. Recommended!!

Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 September 2016

We live locally and came here for lunch for the first time recently with my wife and young daughter (nearly 4yrs). The staff were very welcoming and friendly and the food was surprisingly good, even if my steak was very well done when I asked for medium. Unfortunately our visit was spoiled by a totally unnecessary altercation with the owner as we were leaving, because he didn't like that we took our daughter up the stairs to see the upper terrace. Although the other staff apologised, there's no way we will be coming back.

Stayed: September 2016, travelled with family
3  Thank martin_rawlins
Reviewed 31 August 2016 via mobile

Great location and lovely food- the fish and chips were great and there were lots of other things on the menu I am looking forward to trying. It gets very busy at peak times but they let you take plastic glasses onto the beach so there's always somewhere to sit.

Stayed: July 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 5 August 2016

I stayed with my husband in the deck room. I am out of step with a lot of these reviews. It wasn't what I had envisaged from reading reviews before booking. We were tsken around the back to the cottage and the entrance was disconcerting and the hall way was scruffy. . The door to our room needed a good amount of pressure to open, but when I saw the room I was pleasantly surprised. It was very clean, the bed was comfortable. Too much big furniture for the space, and a lack of a bedside table on one side of the bed was difficult. The furniture was lovely though and there was everything you could want in the room. I liked having fresh milk very much. The ceiling needs attention and the en suite is tight for space. Very small shower which was quite black around the edges. I felt uncomfortably close to the conservatory restaurant, and privacy would have been an issue on staying more than one night. There is a cute street light on the deck, but one of the round shades was smashed, which spoilt the effect. Our host and hostess were very welcoming. We ate in the restaurant which was excellent, contemporary and had quite a buzz. Huge contrast of styles all round. When we initially arrived we were not able to park, but in the evening this isn't a problem. Daytime arrivals, would probably find it hit and miss.

1  Thank Hilary B