All reviewslovely quiet locationlarge bathroomfour poster bedfull english breakfastcolinensuitetunnelfrance
Reviewed 6 August 2018 via mobile

Stayed once as had been booked for us . Rentokil trap in bedroom , cracks in walls , dirty paintwork , Barman told us only bottled beer available as the ‘ cellar is condemned ‘
As it was very last minute and don’t know the local area , booked a double room ourselves prior to using the Chunnel, on arrival ; the European man on the reception told us we had to pay more money as apparently ( and maybe someone should tell the rest of the world this ) “ a double room doesn’t mean there are two people coming !!!!!!!”
He was absolutely vile , surly , aggressive in speech , verbally hostile , sneering ; he wanted more cash as there were two of us !!!!!
He refused to give a refund and refused to say who the owner was , said there were no managers working there , denied he was the manager
, and locked the reception door , went outside and smoked with two other women speaking in their native language whilst laughing and sneering .
My partner asked him to stop speaking to me in the manner he was , but he continued . I said to him you really are horrible aren’t you and he actually replied ‘ yes I am ‘ . Well that’s about the only thing he was right about . We left , he kept our money , and we booked into a lovely hotel where they couldn’t believe what we were telling them and also confirmed that of course a double room means for two .
Reading other reviews , it turns out this cowboy has homophobic views and told another couple he wanted £10 cash off them for arriving 5 minutes late and disturbing him !!!!
The extra cash he’s trying to get out of people on arrival is clearly not being spent on renovation or learning people skills . A vile individual through and through . The true score for this place is absolute zero .

Stayed: July 2018, travelled on business
2  Thank Kate B
Reviewed 22 July 2018 via mobile

Great to find this gem late at night when I really needed a room. Can’t thank them enough for helping me out of a spot. Lovely quiet location with tidy, traditional room and fantastic service.
Would thoroughly recommend

Stayed: July 2018
Reviewed 20 July 2018 via mobile

I wouldn't even give 1 star if I didn't have to! We made a reservation for an overnight stop on way to Dover. We booked a family room and were told it would be non refundable (fair enough) full payment was taken a week before! 2 days before travel our daughter is rushed into hospital, my husband rings up to ask if we can change to a later date (as we had paid in full) and in no uncertain terms was told by an extremely rude man that Saturday was booked and they don't do changes!!! Oh and obviously no refunds!! Should have gone with my gut after reading reviews! DO NOT BOOK THIS HOTEL!

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank OswestryMaccas
Reviewed 3 July 2018 via mobile

Reading (too late!) the terribel reviews on TA, these are exactly what we had to endure!

Arriving 5 minutes "late" (11.05 pm) after a drive of several hours, we found a phonenumber to call, big problem! as we had no/bad coverage ... finally we reached a very grumpy man who was verbally agressive and insisted on having handed 10£ for being disturbed!! otherwise he would'nt let us have the rooms!!

Of course we declined the 6£ extra BF and were happy to hit the road next morning as soon as we got up!

The whole place as well as the rooms are really let down! Not a place to consider if you read reviews before making a reservation believing the nice pictures on their website!!

Avoid :(((

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 June 2018 via mobile

Note to self... 'ALWAYS read the reviews first!'
So many people can't be wrong, and they are not. The first taste of what's to come greets you in the car park. Two of the 4 cars looked as if they haven't moved for years. My husband jokingly made a connection to the barbers in the village amusingly named Sweeney Todd's, we laughed... briefly! On the patio we encountered 2 people who appeared to be staff, introduced ourselves were abruptly told 'Check in not until 2:30!', maybe they're still cleaning the rooms I thought. We grabbed a drink at the bar and waited.
Oh the disappointment...
Dated and dirty , with whiffs of urine and a disgustingly dirty bathroom.
AVOID!!