See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 1 September 2015

The breakfast was first rate - beautifully cooked and tasty using quality ingredients. The house itself is in need of expenditure - looking rather dated. Our room was a strange mixture of good and bad. Wi-Fi OK and small TV OK- ish. No wardrobe or anywhere to hang your clothes other than one hook on the door, the bathroom was a climb through cubby hole that looked many years old. I already knew there was not a shower in this room and think maybe the room with a shower would have been a better choice. It was not available for our three night stay but was not used by any guests in the two nights we actually stayed. We moved out after two nights as we needed a proper shower in all honesty. Room cleaning was non-existent and the fresh milk given to us on arrival had curdled by the next early evening when we returned after a day out and the mugs were unwashed The towels provided were like poor quality tea towels and totally inadequate. This could be a nice place to stay but there are issues to resolve.

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Ray J
Reviewed 21 July 2015

We have just returned from a 3 night stay at White Lodge and don't hesitate in recommending it highly. It's a beautiful old house wonderfully situated in the heart of the village, with views across the green to the church. Our room was comfortable clean and bright with a very large comfy bed and a great shower. We were warmly welcomed by the family and the dogs, and given a key to the front door to come and go as we pleased. Breakfasts were a great start to the day....berries and yoghurt, rustic breads, the ubiquitous delicious full English....and a very large pot of tea! Our dog was also welcomed, and we are pretty sure she enjoyed her stay too :-)

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled as a couple
2  Thank janejarvis
Reviewed 6 April 2015

We have just returned from two nights at White Lodge B & B in Angmering and had a wonderful stay. It was a perfect place for us to base ourselves whilst getting to know the local area around our newly acquired beach hut. The two rooms on the third floor were ideal as our 3 children were accommodated in one, with my husband and me in the next door room, and our dog on the landing in-between . It was great to be self contained and the family were incredibly welcoming and relaxed. The house is beautiful, steeped in history and we really enjoyed looking round the lovely gardens with Adrienne, meeting the family dogs and chatting about the local area which we are getting to know. The breakfasts were delicious, with hot cross buns( we were there just before Easter) and great bacon and eggs. We would really recommend this lovely B & B and hope to return sometime next year.

• Stayed: April 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank Lucy G
Reviewed 21 March 2015

Stayed 3 days for daughters wedding. A very enjoyable stay. Whole family very welcoming and so helpful. Almost like being one of the family. They even arranged for the sun to shine on my daughters wedding! The village has everything you need. Natives are very friendly. I even had time for a paddle in the warmish sea.

Stayed: October 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank david w
Reviewed 26 October 2014

I stayed here for 3 nights in June and have to agree with the previous reviewers about the welcome and friendliness. I too loved the fresh berries at breakfast and the real milk for my tea. Adrienne is a lovely lady, obviously in the right business. My room was clean and comfortable, and the situation great for exploring the area and the village, which has ancestral links for me. Would love to go back some day.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo