“Life changingly fantastic experience”

Belmond Le Manoir aux Quat'Saisons
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Great Milton
cambridge
“Life changingly fantastic experience”
Reviewed 26 March 2012

My friend and I stayed for two nights and did the cookery course. The whole experience was outstanding. Service made you feel special and cared for without being over posh or cap doffing; the room was wonderful with little touches like giving guests organza bags to take the beautful soap home in, fresh fruit bowls and some excellent madeira. The food was beyond my wildest expectations and these were high. Its like discovering a new colour that you never new existed. If you go and the squab is on the menu order it - its the most delicious thing I've ever eatem. The somalier was knowledgable without being pompous and made recomendations we would not have gone with by ourselves but which were just right.The course was relaxed and genuinely full of brilliant tips and gems of knowledge that I will always now use. The trainers were simply fab and expert and clearly love what they do.The bed and pillows were the comfiest I've ever slept in and I will be buying the pillows for myself and family members. I could bang on for ages but the best thing to do is just go. I will be going back!

Room Tip: The garden rooms are fab as they have tables outside with a secluded personal smoking area. but I ho...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank jank488

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (385)
london
Reviewed 25 March 2012

Relais '& Chateaux Hotels are unique in the world so staying at Le
Manoir Aux Quat Saison was all one could desire as far as Luxury Comfort and The Best Food in The World by Mr Raymond Blanc OBE.
The staff are amazing from the time you arrive you are made to feel welcome at all times.The accommodation is outstanding ,luxury you never want to leave ,rooms so tastefully done. I attended any evening with Henry Blofeld OBE in the Manoir Special Events Co-ordinator Hannah Ferguson. Check special Events Calendar.It is an extraordinary place in the most beautiful Estate .Le Manpir estate is part of a conservation are which sits in green belt land

• Stayed March 2012
1 Thank Zanzibarvale
Warwick, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 March 2012

Two years ago I was treated to this wonderful experience for my 50th birthday, and it was a dream come true. Felt very special from beginning to end, and I really wanted my mother and aunt to share this experience now, two years on, to celebrate our birthdays which are within a few days of each other. We are not amongst those lucky people who can afford this at the drop of a hat, it is a special occasion to be saved for!
The staff are a real plus to this place, extremely well trained.,do there jobs seemlessly, and not at all in a pompous manner, we found everyone to be very friendly and helpful. I presume they are happy in their work there...
We were really fortunate that the weather was amazing, glorious sunshine, so we had aperitifs and canapes, and after dinner coffee and petit fours outside in the stunning grounds.We dined in the middle dining room, I don't know if it is correct, but the lovely waiter said that they put you in a different room each visit, and I was in the conservatory last time! The room was more intimate, lovely art on the walls (as everywhere), and much better fr my mum who is deaf than the conservatory would have been.

The meal was again a delight. We had the £75 taster lunch, and my aunt is vegetarian, so we saw the two menus. Each course was heavenly, including citrus desserts, all of us not usually dessert eaters loved it. I appreciate different textures, so pureed quince was wonderful, only taste I did not enjoy was the soy jelly cubes! Bread divine, had to try at least 2 each....

We had a very leisurely stroll around the gardens, could easily spend a couple of days in them, and it rounded off a wonderful day.I saw more improvements since my last visit, more beautiful sculptures everywhere, ponds look terriffic, Japanes garden coming on, an orchard planned- look forward to the next time!
There were a couple of niggles, the cost of drinks has gone up a lot since my last trip. Expect to pay a minimum of £9 for a glass of wine or g+t, cheapest bottle of white was about £41, and remember coffee is extra. We had wine and a glass of dessert wine, and of course it was all wonderful, but I was disppointed in the price hike. Also, last time I was thrilled that they said Happy Birthday, and even had a little extra presented to me very quietly and tastefully last time. This time, despite them knowing the occasion, no-one mentioned it, I don't mind not getting anything, but the happy birthday costs nothing and gives a surprising boost to the occasion!
However, looking forward to another special occasion to celebrate there in the future!

Room Tip: The rooms look amazing, if you can afford them!!
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank sazza60
Nottingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 March 2012

My Husband and I visited Le Manoir for a two night break in March 2012. We arrived at the entrance for our car to be unexpectedly valet parked. Our bedroom, 'Amethyst' was absolutely unbelievable, luxurious, and sumptuous, we apparently received an upgrade due to this being our wedding anniversary, this was such a pleasant surprise. The food was amazing, it is expensive, however a lot of hard work goes into creating the courses, which not only look fantastic, they have a taste to match. All the staff are so attentive, helpful, happy, and friendly, but not intrusive.
This is no place for a mini bar or tea making facilities within the room, why do it yourself when you can have this all done for you, by just making one telephone call, then having it swiftly delivered to you. Nothing is too much trouble at all. This is no place to watch the pennies, it's a place to enjoy the experience, and delights that Raymond and his team have, and do, create. We will definitely be returning.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
UK
Reviewed 18 March 2012

A great expercience. Little to add to all great reviews. EXoensive of course but all worth. Avoid winde by the glass, buy the bottle (bite the bullet)

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
11.8 km away
Old Bank Hotel
Old Bank Hotel
#2 of 44 in Oxford

Been to Belmond Le Manoir aux Quat'Saisons? Share your experiences!