The Ship Inn(Invergordon)
  • Restaurant
Tuckers Inn(Invergordon)
Marine Hotel(Invergordon)
TripAdvisor
All reviewscromarty firthkincraig castlefudgeopen firecosy barwedding venuewonderful weekendscallopshotel is lovelyblack islelounge areacooked to perfectionfish and chipslarge bathroomsconesstayed for one nightfour poster bed
Reviewed 3 April 2018

The staff are a credit to this hotel, everyone worked hard to ensure we had the best possible stay. We travelled with friends and had afternoon tea as well as dinner, and it was a great experience! We will definitely be back very soon!

Room Tip: We went for the 'estate view' and we were not dissapointed
Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 March 2018 via mobile

I have stayed at this hotel for four nights in a business trip and cannot rate this hotel enough. From the moment I arrived the staff have been absolutely amazing and their hospitality is second to none. I would like to say a massive thank you to the chef! I am following a vegan diet and although there was no vegan menu, he asked what types of foods I like to eat and said he would plan my meals for my stay. Wow, my meals were so delicious and well presented and I could not wait to get back to the hotel each night to see what I was having. I don't think I have tasted such delicious vegan food. A massive thank you chef for all the time and effort you took. I would also like to thank your Josh, your hospitality was amazing and you could not do enough for me or your guests. You are an absolute credit to the company and thank you so much for all of your hard work during my stay. A gem of a hotel that's is nestled the countryside with outstanding decor and an amazing team.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
KincraigOwner, Owner at Kincraig Castle Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 April 2018

Dear Kerrie,

Thank you for taking the time to submit such a highly complimentary 5* review. It was our great pleasure and privilege to offer you a Vegan Menu during your stay with us and our Head Chef, Stuart, Josh and our team are grateful for all your positive comments.

We're delighted you enjoyed your stay with us and we look forward to welcoming you back to Kincraig Castle again in the future.

Reviewed 26 March 2018

Went with friends for afternoon tea, the selection my friends received was excellent. I however had the gluten free option which compared to my friends was very poor, no scones or cakes but I did not have a very small potato with a little bit of ham, overall the gluten free was definitely not worth the cost! My friends however was well worth it and they all enjoyed it.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends

Thank you for taking the time to submit a review after your Afternoon Tea with us recently.

We're delighted to hear that your friends enjoyed their Afternoon Tea service with us, however we're disappointed to hear that we didn't quite meet your gluten free Afternoon Tea expectations. Our team is always ready and willing to accommodate all our guests' dietary requirements and so if you'd raised any concerns with our staff directly, we would have done everything possible to rectify the situation.

We regularly serve gluten free meals to our guests, so if you're ever planning some Afternoon Tea or a meal with us again in the future, please kindly let us know in advance and we'll do everything possible to meet your expectations.

Reviewed 25 March 2018 via mobile

Recently was in invergordan working at balcas and had the pleasure to stay here. The rooms are great but the staff are fantastic, we arrived back late for dinner but the staff got the chef to make us a meal. Soo thoughtfull i can only say thankyou. 10/10

Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business

Dear Alex,

Thank you for taking the time to submit such a lovely 5* review. Our team are always eager to exceed our guests' expectations and it was our pleasure to serve you some dinner after your late check-in.

We appreciate your feedback and look forward to welcoming you back to Kincraig Castle again in the future.

Reviewed 19 March 2018

Right from the minute, we entered the hotel we felt at home. What a setting! It is luxurious, comfortable, welcoming and as well as all the trappings of a stately home it has all the little touches that make all the difference, like the flowers and the roaring log fires and the books and magazines. There is so much to interest and admire.

The food was magnificent. We had venison for the main course- cooked to perfection. I had scallops for starter and they were just wonderful. The staff could not do enough and always had time to speak to you. - especially Amy who had experience of the best hotels in the world - The Shangri La Group in Singapore Hong Kong and Bangkok and this experience translated to a Highland Hotel made our stay exceptional.

I thought I was a good porridge maker but the porridge at breakfast was absolutely divine followed by scrambled eggs and smoked salmon. What more could you ask for? Perhaps sitting by a log fire sipping a full-bodied red wine. Yeah this was some experience!

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple