“brilliant wedding”

Best Western Old Mill Hotel & Leisure Club
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Ramsbottom
Reviewed 3 June 2012

Last weekend my youngest son Craig got married to his beautiful Pippa. The wedding and reception were all held at the hotel.
The hotel is clean but in need of some work so I was unsure about the choice of venue but for once kept my opinions to myself as it was Craig and Pippas choice!

The wedding took place in a small room downstairs where reception is and entrance to the pool and gym. When dressed the room looked lovely.

The reception was held upstairs. This room holds the bar with leather settes and normally has a wooden screen to seperate it from the dining area. This can be left in place or removed which it was for our party.

The room was beautifully set out and looked very different from when I first saw it and had my doubts! Our bedroom was clean, nothing special and the bathroom worked but was very tired!

The food was well presented but let down by the potatoes and veg. The quality of food at breakfast was on the cheap end but adequate.

Before and after the ceremony and during the wedding breakfast a string quartet played and they were amazing. They played a wide range of contemporary music which was truly stunning. Throughout the whole day the staff were fantastically attentive especially Vicky who did everything she could do to make the day a success and had eyes everywhere!!

We had booked a magician, Magic Dave (name change pending) independently and he blew us away with his tricks. Whilst the disco was on Dave wandered the tables and was constantly in demand for groups stood about.

The plus points
*Reasonably priced wedding
*Attentive staff
*Unforgettable experience with string quartet(booked through venue) and magician

The down side
*No lifts so unsuitable if stairs are a problem although you can get into the dining room through the kitchen if needed however bedrooms may be a problem.
*No outside seating, small garden area with stram for having photographs taken
*Needs updating

Overall thoughts

I'm delighted with how the day went. It was such a relaxed, enchanting day. I've attended lots of weddings in far nicer places but the Old Mill did us proud. Vicky our eternal thanks.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
RobBolholt, Manager at Best Western Old Mill Hotel & Leisure Club, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2012

Dear Customer,

I would like to thank you for a lovely review. i am glad you enjoyed your stay with us and that you found the function rooms to be beautiful. I hope to see you again in the near future.

There are newer reviews for Best Western Old Mill Hotel & Leisure Club

Reviewed 24 May 2012

Stayed here after a wedding the room was clean and comfortable but was unbearably warm the radiator in the bathroom was on full blast constantly tried to turn it down but the thermostat didn't work! so we had to have the window open fully the whole stay. We didn't have breakfast as it was £13.95 per person which is extortionate as are the bar prices four drinks cost £29!!! I wouldn't go out of my way to stay again .

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
RobBolholt, Manager at Best Western Old Mill Hotel & Leisure Club, responded to this reviewResponded 24 May 2012

Dear Customer,

I am very sorry to hear that you felt your stay at the Best Western Old Mill Hotel wasn't of the highest standards, for which we can only apologise for. Due to your helpful review it enables us to strive to the highest possible standards.

We hope to see you again in the near future to give us another chance to provide you with a high quality service.

Reviewed 22 May 2012

We stayed here so we could bring our dogs along to a family do. We arrived late and the place was very shut down but upon finding a vv helpful duty manager we checked in and got our luggage and pugs upstairs. There was no food to be had but the helpful manager gave us tae away details and we had a local curry that arrive promptly. Very good value for money for us and two boys.

Room Tip: Full english good value.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family

Dear Customer,

I would like to start by thanking you for taking the time to write a review of the Best Western Old Mill Hotel and i am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you found the Duty Manager to be helpful as we like to pride ourselves on our friendly and helpful staff.

I hope to see you again in the future,

Reviewed 15 May 2012

I spent 2 nights here and was cross with myself for not making use of the pool & spa facilities until the last night! THe room was clean and comfortable but I wasn't sure on the bath! Breakfast was dissapointing, the sausages were not very nice at all. Staff were all helpful and friendly.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
RobBolholt, Manager at Best Western Old Mill Hotel & Leisure Club, responded to this reviewResponded 21 May 2012

Dear Customer,

I am glad you enjoyed your stay at the Old Mill Hotel and Leisure Club and that you found the staff to be helpful and friendly which is what we pride ourselves on. I am sorry that you found the sausages to be not of a good standard, we are currently looking into speaking with our suppliers regarding this. I hope you will consider us for another stay so that you have chance to try our fantastic leisure facilities.

Best Western Old Mill Hotel

Reviewed 18 April 2012

Ive been staying in the old mill for many years now. Recently updated - rooms now very good standard. Hotel has pool, gym and spa - as a business traveller I dont use but may be one day.

Excellent night porters too - always great to chat too when youve been out

Only down side is walls are a bit thin but it doesnt really bother me - cleanlyness is paramount and this hotel is spotless.

Room Tip: Far room other side of bar is a bit nosy - staff entrance underneath. Else all others good
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
RobBolholt, Manager at Best Western Old Mill Hotel & Leisure Club, responded to this reviewResponded 20 April 2012

Dear Customer,

I would like to firstly thank you for such a kind review of our hotel. I am glad to hear you enjoy your stays with us and that you feel the rooms are of a good standard.

Hopefully you will be able to stay with us sometime that is not due to business so that you are able to enjoy our leisure facilities.

See you again.

Kind regards,

Vicky Mcleod

Also consider these accommodations in or near Ramsbottom
2.1 km away
Travelodge Bury
Travelodge Bury
#7 of 7 in Bury

Recently Reviewed Hotels around Ramsbottom

Been to Best Western Old Mill Hotel & Leisure Club? Share your experiences!