“Afternoon Tea was very tired!”
Review of George Hotel

George Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Burslem
Reviewed 23 February 2017

This is a very old hotel, once it would have looked splendid. We had afternoon tea which consisted of a very tiny piece of thin sponge cake, a bought in danish pastry, sandwiches which were quite nice and plenty of tea and coffee. It was almost impossible to park in Burslem to get there, so go early. The assistant was friendly, but she was receptionist, waitress etc and we saw no one else at all working in there, Walking around Burslem after was grim! There is nothing there but closed shops and grotty fast food outlets. We won't go back!

Room Tip: Only went for afternoon tea.
  • Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Grangie60
There are newer reviews for George Hotel

Reviewed 10 January 2017 via mobile

An absolute joke it was in i booked up there asked for my money bk because it was that bad rips in the carpet black on the walls in wouldn't let me dog stay there and to top it off in had to bk next day for a refund I did but only to find out that they would give me a refund pour service staff rude not even jokes I was expecting a rat or something else run pass me I videod the guy if you would like to see how rude they are add me on Facebook warren Hall

Stayed: January 2017, travelled solo
4  Thank warrenshanehall
Reviewed 2 January 2017 via mobile

Worse place I've stayed in ever. I've stayed in hostels that have been better. Its dated, dirty, walls were full of damp, that they clearly thought it was acceptable to expect 2 young babies to sleep in. Carpets were ripped, hinges on the door wardrobes were hanging off..and that was called a family room. We moved rooms, it was slightly better to the degree it had no damp, but still not great. Dirty walls and burns on the carpet. No drawers that you could put your belongings in..just had to stay in luggage at bottom of the wardrobe.
I understand its an old hotel, but there's nothing wrong with maintaining it and still making it warm, clean and welcoming. Just wash the walls, give it a fresh bit of paint, and new carpets thats all it needs.
Breakfast was ok though 6/10.

Taxi firms they recommend...omg..worse in history. Even though you order say several hours in advanced they still arrived 20 minutes late. One didn't arrive at all which we had ordered for midnight after a wedding event..we called and called and no one answered..we were left stranded, lost with 2 children..both phones dead in a strange place. Got to say it was scary!!

I will never return to the hotel and definitely not to the area.

Until you see a sign 'newly renovated' I'd stay away, don't even look if it has any availability.

Stayed: January 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank sallyannsel85
Reviewed 14 December 2016 via mobile

A beautiful but extremely neglected hotel, in need of major renovation. Even 40 gbp per night is too much. The pictures speak for themselves and just so you know I looked at three rooms and the one in the pictures was the best. We booked and for two nights we stayed for one. The owners should be ashamed that they are letting what could be an amazing building fall apart. Would not recommend. Looks like the only other guests were contractors and desserts families.

Stayed: December 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank Larrisa C
Reviewed 11 December 2016

3rd time a large group of us have been here for our Christmas meal. Previous years no problems. This year I dont know what has happened. Food average to bad..... inconsistent amounts on the plates ....veg cold.... one person sent food back as it was cold served on cold plates. Microwaved and returned ! No tea/ coffee mints if mince pies as in previous years ........ waiting staff tried to be helpful ....apparently following a complaint management weren't !

Room Tip: Didn't stay ,,,,,,justva lunch with a large group
  • Stayed: December 2016, travelled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Burslem
2.4 km away
4.4 km away
Travelodge Newcastle-under-Lyme Central
Travelodge Newcastle-under-Lyme ...
#3 of 5 in Newcastle-under-Lyme

Been to George Hotel? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about George Hotel

Address: Swan Square, Burslem, Stoke-on-Trent ST6 2AE, England (Formerly Swallow)
Region: United Kingdom > England > Staffordshire > Stoke-on-Trent > Burslem
Bar / Lounge Business Centre with Internet Access Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant Room Service Spa Suites
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Burslem
Price Range: $65 - $114 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:3 star — George Hotel 3*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Evoline ltd, Booking.com, lastminute.com.au, Expedia APAC, Wotif.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Hooroo Pty Ltd and Cancelon so you can book your George Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
George Hotel Stoke On Trent