“My daughters 18th birthday party ”
Review of George Hotel

George Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Burslem
Reviewed 5 July 2016 via mobile

I'm writing this review thru my friends trip advisor.
I had pre-booked my daughters 18th party for the 2nd July in the basement room.
However I had a injury on the Friday which resulted in my leg being in a cast.
Sat morning we went to dress the room & discovered I could not get down the stairs safely.
The receptionist (young dark haired lady dnt get her name sorry) went & fetched the manager who immediately offered us the upstairs ballroom at no extra cost.
I was so happy & while sat in a chair dictating to friends to decorate the room lol he happily mucked in fetching tables,chairs etc & so did the young man Liam.
The room looked stunning & the party was a great success
I can not thank the George enough for helping me in my hour of need & will be booking my sons 18th there soon.

Stayed: July 2016, travelled with friends
There are newer reviews for George Hotel

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 5 July 2016 via mobile

Stayed here for four nights because all the other hotels nearer leek where I was working had no vacancies for some reason. In my opinion it was four night's to long.
The whole hotel is dated, my room was dirty and the mattress must have been 30 years old, to soft with springs sticking in your back. The car park holds about ten cars and so if your not lucky you will end up paying at the machine outside.
Can't really say a lot more apart from, avoid unless you really have no other options.

Stayed: July 2016, travelled on business
2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 4 July 2016 via mobile

This hotel is cheap and cheerful. The staff are friendly in particular Magda (a beautiful polish girl) who was very helpful and couldn't do enough to ensure my stay was a pleasurable one.
The rooms are dated but clean and tidy.
The full English breakfast us well recommended.

Stayed: June 2016, travelled on business
1  Thank CadmanW
Reviewed 3 July 2016 via mobile

I stayed here with my mother and her partner. We'd only called the night before around 1am to book the room, John was very pleasant and helpful and we had a good old natter on the phone whilst I booked the room, he explained everything about check in, parking etc on the phone as we were travelling down from Glasgow. He also said he'd put a note that we wanted to check in early if possible on the Friday.

Arrived on Friday to be greeted by a lovely receptionist Kayleigh who told us that they'd have a room vacant within 30 minutes for us and took out luggage into storage whilst we went out to find a local shop. We came back and were showed to our room. We'd arranged to stay in a triple room as we're all females and only down for the weekend. Room 104 only had single beds and when we explained to kayleigh we'd ideally like a double and single she gave us another room without objection.

The new room, wasn't quite as spacious and I'd of arranged it differently myself personally, however it was freshly painted and clean. The downside was that any time the bathroom was used whether it be flushing the toilet, using the shower or washing your hands, the filter system I think it was, would make a God awful noise. Nick who was the receptionist after Kayleigh went home put us back into room 104 and had 2 lovely staff members give us a double and a single bed.

Absolutely cannot fault this hotel, all the staff members that I met, John, Kayleigh, Nick and a Polish receptionist that I didn't catch the name of were very friendly and accommodated to our needs. I'd definitely stay here again, just not in the room with the noisy water works.

Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 June 2016

i stayed at the George, and found the staff very polite and helpful. The building is old and has period features, as such you have to expect that it may not be as upto date in it's facilities as a modern Premier inn or other large hotel chain. But what you do get is character and lots of history to the building..

The rooms are decorated in an old style, to suit the building,This may not suit many people but it would look odd ( imo) if you stepped into an old building to find modern style decoration and modern fixtures and fittings.

I would like to praise one member of staff in particular NICK, who was on reception and running backward and forwards serving in the busy bar. The poor guy was running around doing several jobs at once (due to a lack of staff?), and helped everyone as best as he could.

Staff like him deserve a medal.

Room Tip: ask for NICK
  • Stayed: June 2016, travelled on business
2  Thank hello from m
Also consider these accommodations in or near Burslem
2.4 km away
4.4 km away
Travelodge Newcastle-under-Lyme Central
Travelodge Newcastle-under-Lyme ...
#3 of 5 in Newcastle-under-Lyme

Been to George Hotel? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about George Hotel

Address: Swan Square, Burslem, Stoke-on-Trent ST6 2AE, England (Formerly Swallow)
Region: United Kingdom > England > Staffordshire > Stoke-on-Trent > Burslem
Bar / Lounge Business Centre with Internet Access Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant Room Service Spa Suites
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Burslem
Price Range: $65 - $112 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:3 star — George Hotel 3*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia APAC, Evoline ltd, Booking.com, lastminute.com.au, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Wotif.com, Hooroo Pty Ltd, Agoda and Cancelon so you can book your George Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
George Hotel Stoke On Trent