See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 28 August 2018 via mobile

My husband and I stayed at Himley Country hotel as a friend had their wedding reception at the Dudley Arms which was round the corner.
When we arrived there was no-one at the reception and we waited about 5 mins for someone to check us in. My husband had to go and get someone!
The hall ways are covered with mirrors which was very confusing and the carpet in the hall way was coming away to the point I tripped up on it.
When we entered our room it was clear that the owners had simply given up. The net curtains were grey and black at the bottom, there was a chunk of plaster missing out the wardrobe (it was a built in wardrobe), there was damp on the bedroom wall with paint peeling off and showing crumbling plaster. The bathroom was very old and the toilet seat was peeling at the side, and to top it off had skid marks in the base of the pan!
Luckily we were only staying for one night and the room was £35 for 2 people. We got what we paid for.
I will not be returning, which is a shame as it is a massive building with lots of potential but needs serious work doing to it both aesthetically and customer service wise.

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank MissRWard
Reviewed 27 August 2018 via mobile

Stayed for one night and thank god!

When I arrived the staff were not at all welcoming. One of them more and less ran off when he saw me come into the reception and left the woman to reluctantly check me in.

Walking through the hotel, you could see there was no care at all. Dated decor that was peeling off the wall and I saw a bag of rubbish dumped outside one of the rooms.

When I got to my room, it appeared they tried to air out the room by leaving the windows open as there was this strange smell which was a mixture of bleach and god knows what else.

My TV didn’t work, there were unidentified patches on the carpet that looked like it hadn’t been updated since 1971 and plaster peeling off the wall. Bathroom was just disgusting.

Despite this the bed was surprisingly comfortable with clean linen but that’s the only positive!

When I woke up in the morning I was greeted by a big bug walking across the dressing table and I knew that it was my time to leave.

I think the hotel needs to be gutted and revamped. Clearly the staff take no care or pride and just leaving to fall apart. No way is it a 3-star hotel!

1  Thank shani0708
Reviewed 27 August 2018 via mobile

Spent 1 night at Himley hotel for a family party. Rooms were ok bed was comfy. Very friendly staff and decent breakfast. Quiet location and only a 5 minute walk to the venue for the party. ( Himley Cricket Club). The night porter even served us drinks when we got back! Top bloke!

Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 27 August 2018

It's like Fawlty Towers without any of the fun. We arrived to be barked at by the lady behind the desk. Then a similarly scantily clad lady asked to see evidence of our groupon deal before allowing us to have afternoon tea! WHY didn't they just talk to each other?! We're not dog owners but i hope those of you that are wash your hands before prepping food for others when you finish petting. I'm not sure that happened here...Some lovely features around the place but you can write your name anywhere in the dust and the damp is taking hold throughout. I spotted another review that said in need of refurbishment that's absolutely spot on. i wasn't impressed when we were told that breakfast was limited as a delivery hadn't turned up yet and then when i thought to sustain myself with a bit more yoghurt there were no more of those either!? I could write much so much more...staff that don't want to be there, and don't smile chambermaids that only swap out the toilet rolls and pick up the bath mat. And the finding of someone else's shirt and SOCKS in the top of our wardrobe!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank 727unhappy
Reviewed 22 August 2018

The receptionist could not be bothered on our arrival to greet us until her conversation had petered out
The room was dark, overlooking a car park ..a big white van parked outside our window
Had to ask for toilet roll
Net curtains dangling down in loops
A huge chunk missing out of the armchair...dirty foam padding on display
Ripped and very dusty side light lamp shade
Broken stool (2 legs)
Springs starting to show through mattress cover
Dirty edge where bath meets hardboard cover...I did wipe it with wet wipes
Next day we visited,near reception, the most vile downstairs toilets one of which (the facilities for visitors with disabilities had been nearly wrecked..I have photographs
Fruit for breakfast (melon slices) uncovered,cornflakes stale
Member of staff kept leaving the room and a guest filled up three tupperware type lidded bowls with cooked food and then went back to his room (after eating a monster sized breakfast at the table)
Male staff initially in attendance wearing baggy stained tracksuit bottoms and a non too clean Tshirt.
But ....towels very nice and bedlinen fresh.
Checked out..as stated a day early...no questions asked when I informed the staff member that we were going because we were not happy with cleanliness or service.
The groupon deal was more than generous but basic cleanliness,room furniture and
staff moral seem to be at rock bottom levels.
No food available on Mondays..car park full of workmen guests ordering fast food.
to eat in their rooms?