See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 9 June 2018

The welcome was made by staff poorly trained in customer service agents. The first whispered conversation was wether we could have our afternoon which was part of the groupon voucher. One lady said 'well we have to' the lady from the kitchen moaned. At this point we mentioned that we where vegetarian.

When we had the afternoon tea there where fish sandwiches on the plate, we where then advised fish are sometimes vegitables!!!!! what!!!!

The room smelt and was obviously on the list of rooms to be refurbished. Really not the location for a naughty night away. I cant believe they had wedding brochures in the foyer.

The sign on the front of the hotel had the dot missing from the 'i' in the hotel this highlighted the establishments attention to detail.

I would never advise anyone to stay in this property

However, the breakfast was yum with lovely vegie sausages and chose of eggs

Stayed: June 2018
1  Thank Firstian
Reviewed 1 June 2018

Needed a make over as it looked like they had a flood so are floor never had carpet. Rooms were basic not like the photos. Bar prices were very cheap and food was very nice a little far away from anything The carvery was ok but food was all frozen stuff go to pub just down the road much better.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 May 2018 via mobile

We have just got back from the Himley, I cant call it a hotel. Even the poor unfortunate people who live and sleep on the streets of England sleep in a cleaner place.
When checking in I asked about meal times and was told there is a good pub at the end of the road. From then on it went down hill, room was dirty, infomation sheets were sticky, telephone had been taken out, only one mug next to kettle which was very dirty, did not use it. Matteress and pillows were awful thankfully we took our own pillows.
Shower was a disgrace as was the staff. I may be wrong in slating the staff as I got the opinion that even they had had enough and were fed up of the owners just running the place into the ground.
I would rather spend a night at steptoe and son's than stay at the Himley again.
A void at all cost.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank shazlaw12
Reviewed 28 May 2018 via mobile

Just this second stepped out of this hellish hotel,

Avoid this place and save the little money your going to spend here, this is by far the worst hotel i have stopped in, and god no’s where they employ there staff, Zero knowledge on how to deliver customer service.

We got back after a evening out, the hall ways absolutely stunk of weed, and this was right by reception....

Take it from me just avoid.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank Nomad712792
Reviewed 28 May 2018

We were given a voucher for Christmas and didn't check the reviews before as thought the voucher company would of selected reputable hotels, how wrong were we. We were given the key to our room and first impression wasn't good. The hallway to the rooms was bare with no carpets and the carpet grippers left on show, not kind on the flip flops or suit case. We opened to door and I was speechless. There were splatters of sick on the wall with pieces of what looked liked meat hanging off in 3 places. The hairdryer didn't work ( how we got this far! ) and was last pat tested 2003. The bath mat was full of grime. I started itching at the thought of staying in this room and looked to spend money to move. We went to reception to report the sick with the guy almost looking like he was smirking and he said he would be down with a new key. He came to our room but didn't inspect it just said try next one. It was still like a youth hostel with damp ceilings and walls but we thought if we went out for a meal we could bear the bed for a night which you could tell was clean ( surprisingly ). We were meant to stay two nights but checked out. One bed was comfy but the others had 6 mattress springs poking in my back. It wasn't surprising that there was a box or reception to hand keys in as if there was a receptionist it would of been complaint after complaint. I don't know how this place is legally open as words cannot describe how disgusting it is. I have stayed in plenty of hotels in my time but nothing has come as gross as this. The sick was obvious on the walls so the cleaners would of been able to clean it. The local authorities need to condemn this place and a full refurbishment is required. I would not eat on these premises as the hygiene of the rooms might of reflected on the food. DO NOT STAY HERE.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple