“Mid-cycle cake stop”

Cafe Clare
Ranked #2 of 13 Restaurants in Clare
Price range: USD 11 - USD 20
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Cafe Clare resides in a beautiful 14th century building. We serve freshly made food to reflect the changing seasons. Our cakes and scones are prepared and baked daily on the premises. We are open seven days a week with a 10 a.m. opening on Monday and 8.30 a.m opening Tuesday to Sunday inclusive. There is a flexible closing time, usually about 5 p.m. which is subject to weather.
Reviewed 27 May 2015

Having heard that Cafe Clare was cycle friendly, we organised a 70-odd mile cycle route from Cambridge and chose Cafe Clare as the perfect midway refuelling stop. When we arrived we were immediately met with smiling, welcoming staff who let us pop our bikes in the back garden and set about taking our orders.

Meanwhile, we set about repatching a couple of punctures and out came a track pump and kind offers of refilling our water bottles!

We all settled down to cups of tea, coffee and generous portions of cake, paninis and cheese scones, which were all delicious and even better when we learnt that cyclists receive 10% off! We will definitely come back.

2  Thank Aimi H

Reviewed 26 May 2015 via mobile

We were desperate for a coffee and cake to keep us going on a chilly 75 mile bike ride and fortunately chanced upon this cafe in Clare on the home leg.

We were really impressed that they offered bike stands (I also noticed a track pump for customer use). We had the chocolate cake which was absolutely delicious, plus lattes. The staff were very friendly, welcoming and helpful. A real surprise and delight was the 10% discount for cyclists at the till.

Excellent customer service, thank you! We will be back.

1  Thank Jools1963
Reviewed 5 May 2015

Popped in for an ice cream for me and my three year-old daughter on the way back from Priory Park. I thought the prices was very good and they got the thumbs up from her. We did get accidently overcharged for an extra ice cream on our repeat visit the next day though but no real harm done as it was only a pound. The food on offer looked very nice.

1  Thank Cliff P
cafeclare_12, Owner at Cafe Clare, responded to this reviewResponded 6 May 2015

Hello Cliff

I am pleased that you and your daughter enjoyed your ice-creams on your visit to Clare, I do hope that you mentioned about the overcharging at the time and had your money refunded.
Hopefully you may be able to have a return visit to us to enjoy lunch.
Many apologies

Reviewed 28 April 2015

I've come here quite a few times with friends and once with my ex girlfriend.

Coffee is always lovely and the cakes are always moist and great tasting.

The day I went with my ex it had been raining and the cafe offered a warm, relaxing and cozy environment, and during the spring and summer you can sit outside in the secluded courtyard to chat with friends or just to gather your thoughts alone.

Reviewed 24 April 2015

I had a lovely brunch in here and the staff were very pleasant and friendly. The inside is quite small but cosy.