“Terrible”

Tarana
Price range: USD 13 - USD 79
Cuisines: Indian, Contemporary, Wine Bar, Bangladeshi
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Tarana is on the site of what was 'Turners' Pub, keeping much of the original external facade. It is only once inside the restaurant, you really appreciate what here, you can explore the stylish, warm and friendly settings we have created to please our guests. Now experience for yourself the exceptional and unique quality we offer by visiting Tarana Restaurant.Our philosophy is simple, it is to transform our passion for Indian food into a totally enjoyable dining experience for our guests. This is achieved by offering a wonderful variety of authentic dishes, presented by attentive staff in a warm and friendly high quality setting.
Reviewed 6 April 2018

The food here was absolutely awful. It had no taste, seasoning.
I had the worst Dopiaza and Keema Nan in my life!
The Dopiaza did not taste like any that I have had before, and I have had many. I appreciate that they do vary from restaurant to restaurant, however not to that degree!
The Nan just tasted like a bit of puréed mutton in an undercooked soggy bit of dough that actually made me feel sick , lucky for me I had a tictac to take away the awful taste.

Upon speaking to the manager he said that this is what it is supposed to taste like and that every restaurant does them different. He did taste them and said that they were correct. I did further add to the conversation that a Dopiaza is supposed to be a medium spiced curry, which this one had barely any chilli and wouldn’t even reach the strength of a Korma! He still stuck to his opinion, however he did do the right thing of not charging for them. Considering that I didn’t eat them I accepted, however I did leave hungry! The offer to cook me something else I declined.

The manager was very polite but would not take on my constructive criticism. Which is a shame as could be very useful to other future customers.
My advice to the manager is to get a sample from 3 other Indian restaurants and compare to what the Tarana thinks that they should taste like.
The entertainment though was great, however not enough to make me return.

2  Thank Jilly17
TastTheExotic, General Manager at Tarana, responded to this reviewResponded 10 April 2018

We are really sorry to hear this and to see this review! However, we are glad that your companion on the night did not share your opinion detailed in your review and enjoyed her meal.

We pride ourselves for our way of cooking and we always aim to improve. We haven't received such negative feedback before and our customers do enjoy the food and the overall tarana experience as the other reviews clearly show that. We are sorry that we couldn't live up to your expectations.

Best regards

Reviewed 3 April 2018 via mobile

Had a great meal out with a group of friends. Jahan and everyone at Tarana was helpful and attentive, and even took the time to email us some photos from the night. Highly recommended.

1  Thank Connector691111
TastTheExotic, Manager at Tarana, responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2018

Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for your kind review, your comments are highly appreciated and we are pleased that you enjoyed your evening with us.
We hope to welcome you again very soon!

Kind regards,
Tarana management team

Reviewed 1 April 2018

Been to Tarana a few times before, always excellent service, lovely choice of food. This time my daughter came , she has a severe allergy to egg and milk but they cater for this and made her feel very comfortable. Tables spaced nicely, staff very attentive and the lady's in our party received a rose. Thank you for a lovely evening!

1  Thank Deepcjcg23
TastTheExotic, Guest Relations Manager at Tarana, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2018

Dear Guest, Thank you for your review. We are pleased to hear you enjoyed your evening with us and hope to see you again soon.

Kind regards
Tarana management team

Reviewed 28 March 2018

Visited Tarana for Valentine's day and was not disappointed.

Great atmosphere and food, service was amazing with lots of attention to detail. Also got a free rose <3 for Valentine's day.

1  Thank TrAvElQuE3N
TastTheExotic, Manager at Tarana, responded to this reviewResponded 1 April 2018

Dear Guest

Thank you for your lovely review, we are glad to hear that you enjoyed your night with us and we would love to see you again. Once again many thanks.

Kind Regards
Management@Tarana

Reviewed 24 March 2018

Been to a lot of Indian restaurants in Sussex and been waiting a long time to check this one out! Me and my girlfriend were made to feel very welcome and setting and atmosphere was very good. Service and food was also to a high standard! Mr juhan the manager was making sure that everybody was satisfied and time to chat with customers which was nice to see. A big thumbs up from me and the brandy is very nice mr juhan!! We will be back!!

2  Thank Marc H

Dear Guest

We would like to thank you very much for your compliments and time. We would love to see you again so we can welcome you and give you the best possible service. Once again many thanks

Kind Regards