“Chilled,comfortable,romantic and welcoming stay!”
other travellers have booked this property

Review of Daubeneys Stable

Daubeneys Stables Bedroom - beautiful large galleried bedroom
Daubeneys Stables Sitting Room - open plan reception with kitchen Daubeneys Stables Exterior - listed as grade 2* and of great historical interest
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
Daubeneys Stables Sitting Room - open plan reception with kitchen
Daubeneys Stables drive and parking with lovely gardens to sit and relax
Daubeneys stable kitchen with all appliances to include dishwashing machine, washer/drier etc
Oldest house in the village and beautifully reburbished
Daubeneys Stables Sitting Room - awards won and classed as 5* accomodation
Daubeneys Stables integrated living and dining - see website for references
Daubeneys stable galleried bedroom
Enter a caption for your photo
Double shower room with lovely soft towels
Wonderful Elemis or REN products for all on arrival
Large shower room
Daubeneys Farm House
Shepherd Hut which can be used in conjuction if required.  Sleeps 2 very comfortably
Shepherd Hut which is opposite the stable.  Great for adults and children
inside the cosy shepherds hut
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
Heather A
Hitchin, England, United Kingdom
“I have never been spoken to in such an abrupt and condescending way”
Reviewed 2 January 2014 for a stay in December 2013
people found this review helpful

We really enjoyed our stay in the Stable, it was very comfortable and cosy. However the whole trip was marred by the way in which we were treated by Melanie. After having tried corresponding through email with no success I finally received an answer phone message from her which was both abrupt and frankly rude. We had wanted to enquire about using the Shephards Hut during our stay. We were informed that this was not available. Ok, that's fine but did she need to be so rude about it? I emailed to ask if we could find another solution as we had a couple of friends who we hadn't seen for a while coming over. I didn't hear anything back so I called her. Once again she was on the defensive and treated me with utter disdain, ensuing that I was lying about contacting her by email as she had not received them and her husband was an IT expert therefore I must be wrong. I asked her if she always spoke to her customers like this?! Finally we managed to sort things out and she agreed to our friends staying in the stables with us on the futon bed.

On our arrival we found bread and milk and eggs etc in the fridge and some local mince pies had been left out for us. Lovely. I expected Melanie to come and welcome us but she never did. She had left out bedding and a towel for our friends but there was only one pillow and one towel so I called her to ask for another towel and some extra bedding. Again she was abrupt and made me feel like I was wasting her time.

It was a real shame, what could have been a really good weekend was tainted by the way we were treated. I can only think that we caught Melanie at a bad time, perhaps she was very stressed with Christmas, I don't know.

Liked best: Location
Your age range 35-49
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Families with young children People with pets
Management Response
7 Jan 2014
This customer thought the shepherds hut was part of the package and was not happy when I told her it wasn't. She booked the property initially for 2 people (the Stable sleeps very comfortably 3 people). I gave her sheets etc for extra as she said a friend might turn up. As it turned out there were 5 people staying there the double futon which I said fine of course and the sofa too! I also provided extra towels. I was not rude to her. I just made it clear that the shepherds hut was not available as she was determined that it was part of the stable. The shepherds hut if often used in conjunction with the stable but it is made clear that it is under separate negotiation. You can sleep 5 in the cottage at a squeeze but there is usually a small fee. I did not charge her for this.

Obviously not very happy about it but not a lot I could of could have done expecially as it was booked. And, really not sure about what happened on the message front.
candice h
Tewkesbury, United Kingdom
“Chilled,comfortable,romantic and welcoming stay!”
Reviewed 12 August 2013 for a stay in August 2013

Myself and my partner (and our dog) recently stopped for one night in the Shepherd Hut at Daubeneys, on arrival we were welcomed by Melanie who showed us everything we needed alongside a tour of her gorgeous house, that we were more than welcome to make use of the bathrooms etc during our stay.
We went out walking for most of the day, but made use of the hut and the outside space during the evening whilst having a BBQ. In the morning we used there gorgeous bathroom and had a fantastic shower with the great products left for us and a breakfast hamper of homemade breads and fruit greeted us at the hut. Would definitely stay here again, Melanie is a fantastic host, her accommodation is clean, comfortable and very very pretty and it was a perfect way to spend a sunny chilled weekend away!

Your age range 25-34
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children Large groups
People with pets
Paris, France
Reviewed 8 August 2013 for a stay in July 2013

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: High quality of the property and its furnishings
Liked least: The weather, but there's little the owners could do about that!
Travelling group: Young Children
Your age range 35-49
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children People with pets
Lon, Spain
Reviewed 5 June 2013 for a stay in May 2013

• Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing
;